Moonspear Untamed Heart
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The famine had beaten morale down low, but slowly, just like the lands, they were mending. She approached it from a lighter standpoint herself as a naturalist now that the plantlife was reestablishing itself seemingly without apparent issue. A muggy several weeks with good rainfall (neither too much or too little) had helped. For a while, she had worried that something may come of it if they were truly that unlucky. So far, it had not.. "A locust swarm.. almost two moons ago now. They ate anything green, so prey vacated," she answered. The conclusion was clear. With nothing green, even these upper-tired predators struggled.

But.. but, the land was healing and was it ever one of the greatest reliefs she'd known.

More questions gave her more focus, and she slowed briefly just to scent the trail underfoot. "Ten, us included." Amekaze replied after a mental headcount. She hesitated when she thought of Mitanni, the other former Moonlit Hills wolf apparently with a brief stay among them. Since they had no old or young at the moment, she didn't bring it up. "You will have my scent on you," she smirked, stealing that as an opportunity to brush her shoulder against hers -- just like that. "And my wolves are an attentive lot. They will know," she assured her.

"There have been bears here in the past. Few weeks back I had trail on a suspected mother with cubs, but I have found nothing recent. No one else has reported anything, either.." she said, feeling her ears angle back at the thought. It was possible they were somewhere else in the nearby range, though, so it was still worth keeping in mind and she did not intend to lose more wolves to their claws. "Most of our neighboring packs are a decent enough distance away. Neutral, for the most part, but prey shortages have had everyone extra guarded. Our borders are not often contested -- a geographic advantage, I suspect," she said, realizing the almost-lengthy answers when the topic matter was well into what she understood. "No, no it is fine. The questions are good, so no need to apologize for it." she said, sniffing into the winds then.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
Untamed Heart - by Pyx - June 18, 2016, 04:59 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Amekaze - June 18, 2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Pyx - June 18, 2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Amekaze - June 19, 2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Pyx - June 19, 2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Amekaze - June 19, 2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Pyx - June 20, 2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Amekaze - June 20, 2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Untamed Heart - by Pyx - June 20, 2016, 08:57 PM