Shimmering Sands Starry Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Thanks for the tips! I’m slowly learning :)
Also, I know I PM’d you about this but let me know if I overstepped by having Olive assume Eden’s preggers.

Olive had shifted her weight into her sinewy hindquarters in order to shimmy and frolic and encourage her new partners to move with her, but she soon replace her featherlight paws onto the sand. Eden was not one to partake in the exuberance today, but that’s what was so inspiring about the full month celebration - it was a reoccurring, monthly jubilee. Olive further softened her gaze and beamed a grin towards Eden. “Ah, I see. There are other ways to express joy that are less demanding on the body and just as liberating.”

Olive took a small step back and imperceptibly cocked her head to the side as her eyes drifted over Eden’s form. She was a beautiful wolf, yet reserved in her actions. She was new to the area, yet seemed so established. Olive was fascinated and wanted to learn more about this Eden. 

In her lungs, Olive felt the heavy, dank ocean air and the effervescent scent of faraway lands. Intermingling with these, the she-wolf perceived faint hormones that signaled Eden was either in heat or carrying children. Olive had always been sensitive and perceptive of the mental and physical states of her fellow wolves, a skill that always brought her bliss. Olive always had such an admiration for mothers, as they provided the world with the ultimate gift and brought new life forward. Olive, one day, hoped to be a mother herself. 

Olive did not know with certainty of Eden’s state, but Olive believed Eden (who, as a mother, likely harbored a nurturing and inquisitive soul) would appreciate knowing the truth behind Olive’s seemingly random, energetic tribute.

“Why, tonight is a full moon!” Olive gestured upwards towards the looming figure, glowing a strong yellow and casting light upon the two wolves. “The moon’s been building, waxing, the past weeks and now she’s at her fruition. It’s the time to let her energy wash over you.” Olive audibly sighed, clearly comforted by the cosmic currents. “Sometimes, during a full moon our vague desires become epiphanies and divine inspiration,” she chuffed. She wondered what would come over herself and Eden tonight. 

“I have a wandering heart as well. You are blessed to have a family to ground you. Sometimes I fear that without an anchor, I might just float away!”

There was truth to that statement. Her familial pack used to be the ties that bound her to reality and kept her focused on the present. It was not uncommon for her brothers to search her out while she was in the midst of an internal philosophical pondering. Now, with limitless time to ponder, Olive hoped she had not been so withdrawn that her ideals were off-putting to others.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 10, 2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 10, 2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 11, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 15, 2016, 08:13 PM