Shimmering Sands Starry Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive watched inquisitively as Eden retreated into her mind. Though fleeting, the white wolf’s face grimaced and she moved her head to glance at the scars that peppered her face and body. In truth, the dark light had prevented Olive from noticing the scars. Upon discovering Eden's marks, the ever-perceptive she-wolf felt her throat constrict and muscles tense. Whatever poor Eden had experienced must have been painful, both physically and emotionally.

The femme remained silent, allowing her friend to experience her emotions as they came to her. Honesty with oneself was invaluable to Olive and she commended any wolf that gave truly themselves the space to feel. As Eden grinned and began to speak, Olive softened her gaze listened intently to her words. Olive was not one to probe into subjects where she was not welcome and Eden made a smooth transition.

Olive giggled at her words. “It’s never too late to find faith, in whatever you choose to believe in. That’s what so amazing about our world, and the unknown that lies beyond - it’s the omnipresent force that drives everything. It’s always here, waiting for you when you’re ready for it.” She flashed a smile at Eden. “But I digress.”

As the twilight continued to fade into darkness, the sand which drew her to this spot lost its warmth. The autumn air picked up, invigorated by the freedom that the night provided - it blew gently and comfortably, caressing the she wolves and interlacing the bright stars above. Olive, who was admittedly not the most athletic of wolves, still felt the internal heat from her exertions beforehand. The cool kiss of the sand was much welcomed as Olive lowered her small body to the ground.

Olive had not seen another wolf in quite some time, and the experience was quite novel.  Olive yearned to delve into the passions of other wolves, weave stories and hear about their deepest desires. It had always fascinated her how every wolf on the planet held a life as colorful and complex as her own. 

“Eden, tell me more about this family of yours - Royal Fire Court, was it?” This question, while honest and clement in its intentions, served an ulterior purpose. As a newcomer to these lands, Olive felt a responsibility to learn the names, borders and members of the neighboring packs. Though her familial pack had always upheld kindness above all else, Olive was aware that not every pack subscribed to these virtues. “I would also love to learn more about the wolf in front of me. What brought you out here tonight, if not to cavort with a stranger?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 10, 2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 10, 2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 11, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 15, 2016, 08:13 PM