Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Safe assumptions! ;)

Olive found herself in an unfamiliar, yet exhilarating situation. For the few months since she had left her family, rejoining a pack had been the furthest thing from her mind. Several of the wolves Olive encountered on her journeys had raised the question to her, but she gently rebuffed them each time.  She could not stay a loner forever, that Olive knew as a fact; but while she had no mate, no pups and no relations rooting her in one place, it only made sense to Olive to explore and experience everything this awesome world had to offer.

However - Furiosa had painted a picture of Teaghlaigh that made Olive’s heart swell to bursting. It excited Olive to be a part of something big... and from the very start! As she surveyed what would soon be her new territory, Olive often found herself wondering if Teaghlaigh had been the entire reason she left her pack all those months ago. There are no coincidences, Olive reminded herself. The universe had a funny way of working like that. 

It seemed that Olive was allowed an adjustment period, as she encountered very few wolves of Teaghlaigh. Furiosa had explained that the pack was still recruiting - and for this, Olive was thankful. Though Olive was a sociable and affable femme, she had grown accustomed to her solitude. It appealed to her effervescent nature to concede to her whims and travel to secret destinations, known only by her. This was how she had been raised, and was the only life she knew. Where ever the wind blew, which ever trees bided for her heart - she was there to answer the call.

In that aspect, Ravensblood Forest did not disappoint. Life and spirits surrounded her in the form of plants, stately trees and small critters. The forest was active with life - to those who could see it. Often the trees blocked her view of the heavens, but Olive had already found several locations where the tree canopy thinned and she could see an expanse of stars. Perhaps, she wondered again, one of those spots would make a good den. Olive smiled to herself. For the most part, the forest was calm and plentiful.

She was happy.

Olive trotted through the forest now, her leisurely gate complemented by the squirrel swinging from her jaws. A peaceful wolf, Olive never enjoyed killing and sought to commit the act as little as possible.However, her hunger this morning necessitated the taking of a life. As she ambled upon the leaf litter, she soon came upon an unfamiliar male. Momentarily pulling back, Olive studied him from afar. His pelt was a comely mix of greys, creams and black. He carried himself with an air of royalty, as if he owned the forest. Olive further considered him with a cocked head. Perhaps he did own the forest.

Olive dropped the squirrel in her mouth onto the ground. “My Liege,” Olive greeted as she lowered her head, neck and shoulders in a humble bow. It was not difficult to recognize this wolf, even if she did not yet know him. It was unmistakably Teaghlaigh’s leader, whom Furiosa had informed her about. Still in a low bow, she waited for the Magnate to acknowledge her before continuing. “I have been very eager to make your acquaintance. I am Olive, and I am humbled to have been invited to be a part of Teaghlaigh.” 

In an act of submission, Olive pushed the squirrel towards Arturo with her muzzle: an offering. Raising her gaze but not her head, Olive peered up at the brute and awaited his reaction.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM