Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Haha, sorry, she’s a little coquettish at times

Olive, determined to keep her head respectfully low until instructed otherwise, listened with pricked ears as he welcomed her as sincerely as she greeted him. She liked that in a leader - a sense of mutual respect. Olive's beliefs left her feeling unsettled when she encountered kings and queens who waved their superiority over their subjects. To Olive, all wolves were born in the same manner and ascended to the heavens in the same manner. Of course, some wolves seemed more adapted (and even destined) for leadership and greatness than others - but what was hierarchy if not a wolfmade institution?

However, those were ideas that not many wolves shared. Olive knew well to keep these thoughts to herself and almost hoped her free spirit would abate in due time. Olive was part of a pack again, and needed to subscribe to the packs rules.  

Olive listened earnestly to the wolf as he declined her kill and offered it back to her. To re-insist that he take the offering would just be a formality... and Arturo did not look like he was one for more formalities. She smiled up at him appreciatively and tucked the meal behind her. Though she had his blessing, her lunch could wait until later. 

In truth, Olive had not seen a male in quite some time (if not ever during her time in these unknown lands) and it was something of a novelty.  In fact, it was quite refreshing. Olive appreciated the straight-forwardness of the male gender, and though the two had exchanged few words, she found it satisfying.  It reminded her of a story of two gods that her mother used to tell her, of Shakti and Shiva. Shiva represented the masculine consciousness, and Shakti the feminine. One could not exist without the other, a yin and yang of pure, divine light and energy. Shakti was often depicted as the wolf who held up the world with Shakti danced on top of it. Shiva is the empty, clear screen onto which Shiva projects her colorful film. To Olive, harnessing this balance is key. Male wolves anchored females to the earth, lest the float away.

Olive nearly purred at the fond memory of her mother’s teachings. Raising herself out of her bow, she looked Arturo in the eye. “I’m settling in very nicely, yes. I am lucky to call Ravensblood Forest my home.” Though Olive was still adjusting to her new home and new rules, Olive felt a white lie could not hurt. “The trees…” She trailed off as her raised her gaze towards the treetops. Olive smiled to herself absentmindedly, becoming aware of the power that surrounded her. “They have many stories to tell.” After a moments gaze, Olive snapped back to attention. 

“Arturo, pardon my musings, but I am truly impressed with your fortitude." Olive eyed him and raised her chin slighty. "I know nothing of your history, but to embark on the journey of starting a pack takes tremendous strength. I am fortunate to be a witness to it.” She chuckled lightly to demonstrate that she at the same time was both genuine and nonchalant.  But there is one thing that I have yet to learn about Teaghlaigh. What am I to call you, if not ‘my Liege?’”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM