Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive nodded and turned inward as Arturo explained that she would take the place of a Saighdiúir, a subordinate. Eager for information, she had talked with Furiosa too about her role. But not being the ultimate authority, the intimidating women could not give her a firm answer. At hearing Arturo's response, Olive couldn't help but be slightly disappointed. She felt she deserved more... But, perhaps she had been on her own for so long that she had become disillusioned about what she deserved from the world. It was  It was only fair that a new wolf be placed at the subordinate rank. And this wolf who stood so proudly was her Ceannasach - she would respect his word as if it were law. Her father ruled much in the same manner, with a hard fist but a kind heart.  She would work for her future rank, whatever what might be.

But then, the brute asked what Olive wanted to do within Teaghlaigh - what her skills were. Olive knew that she had been born with nearly a sixth sense, but it was difficult to explain it to others and so often she was the subject of their intense judgement. Yes, Olive was confident in her own abilities but few others were on the same wavelength.  Olive was remiss to admit it, but that was partially the reason she had been a lone wanderer for as long as she had. She operated under the guise of liberation but so many others have dismissed her as an introverted freak. Olive grimaced as she remembered how their faces cast judgement as they turned away and left her as they found her… alone. It made her sad; this type of sadness was something Olive had a hard time admitting to herself.

As open as she was, Olive was still relatively young and was susceptible to the fatal flaws of the innocent and inexperienced wolves.  Even old souls had a hard time giving up the desire to assimilate, no matter how faint that want might be. At least her [physically] inanimate forest counterparts never passed judgement. 

Olive sat upon her haunches and opened her maw to explain what exactly she could offer Arturo, hoping there was a place for her skills in Teaghlaigh“I don’t know exactly what to call myself, for my knowledge of words and languages is not as extensive as yours,” Olive smiled. “I suppose you can say that I interpret the elements and read whatever they say, whatever they desire to share with us. The water, the wind, our fellow earth inhabitants no matter how large or small, the powerful forces of nature… they are all ours to live alongside, peacefully, if we’re open to it.” Olive looked up at Arturo from honest eyes. “I’ve felt this way ever since I was pup, traveling widely with my family.” It was no use not being dishonest about herself. “Some wolves more experienced than I are able to interpret the future and see signs in the stars... but I am not yet that advanced. I’ve always been able to sustain myself, but if I am responsible for a family I desire to spend more time honing my skills."

Laughing lightheartedly, she continued. “I fear that I am not selling myself too well!” 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM