Ravensblood Forest senses
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I think i’ve going to sacrifice the stargazing part of this thread (that we had discussed). Just doesn’t seem to fit in naturally :)

Blind? Bother her? Olive was almost disgusted at the thought. Though Aster could not see Olives expression, her mouth mouth pulled into a grimace. Olive had a personal vendetta against wolves who assumed the role of judge and jury, who procured and shared an opinion that was not theirs to have. Aster had been born blind, not lost it through an act of ill-will against another… that was the only way Olive would be bothered by this. In fact, Olive had heard rumors that wolves who lacked one of their senses possessed other heightened abilities. She heard tales of wolves whose ears were rendered useless, but could clearly hear spirits in their head who shared their wisdom. Creatures who were born without a limb [or had lost one throughout the throes of life] turned out to be incredible warriors. There were even stories floating around the wild of beings who were blessed without the ability to feel pain. Those wolves were portended to be invincible, ever living, unable to be killed - Olive doubted the truth of that one. Wolves only achieved true immortality when they left this temporary world and entered the ubiquitous heavens. 

Honestly, Olive was slightly upset that Aster felt the need to ensure she wasn’t bothered by her… gift. Especially to Olive, of all wolves! That wave of emotion quickly passed and was replaced by feelings of warmth and true comprehension.  Olive stepped forward and nuzzled the woman’s neck in a silent act of support and empathy. Word didn’t seem appropriate at the moment - sometimes, silence was golden. It felt as thought Aster wanted to divert the subject of conversation from her lack of sight, and Olive was happy to relent.

“I consider myself a creature of the night. I feel truly free when the light fades and darkness takes over - wolves seem to be comforted under the veil of night, and we’re able to speak on a different level.” Olive pulled her head away from Aster and grinned sheepishly, hoping to covey her sudden foolishness through her voice's inflection. “Not that our conversation is lacking in any way. I’m greatly enjoying myself.”

Olive remembered a similar, beautiful scene [that had accounted not long ago, but felt like an eternity. So much had changed since she met the mysterious white wolf, Eden]. “In fact, I had experienced the honesty that nighttime affords the other night. I met a woman who told her incredible story of death, reunions, betray and new families. We were underneath a full moon, which tends to strengthen the effect on wolves.” Not wanting to betray Eden's trust, Olive stopped there.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
senses - by Estelle - October 16, 2016, 08:43 AM
RE: senses - by Olive - October 18, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: senses - by Estelle - October 18, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: senses - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: senses - by Estelle - October 21, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: senses - by Olive - October 23, 2016, 07:21 PM
RE: senses - by Estelle - October 23, 2016, 07:30 PM
RE: senses - by Olive - October 26, 2016, 12:04 PM