Larksong Grotto All my friends are heathens
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
at first, indra had avoided the new wolf. even though they were close in age. even though he was a new family member.

she didn't care. or at least, she wanted to believe she didn't care. deep down, she did a little. she had to steel herself, she had to show reek that she wasn't some thing to be thrown away by his new family. she had to show him she was strong, not vulnerable. in a way, she wanted to believe she was unaffected by casmir's words and reek's subsequent new brood -- but both had sunk deeper into her heart than any claw ever could.

she had seen the youth pass by the hollowed log she had been hiding in. at first, she hid from him - she shrank into the bark and watched as he walked by. she couldn't tell if he was looking for something, or someone, but his way of going seemed almost aimless. her brow furrowed and she pulled herself from the log and made straight for him. "do you even know where you're walking?" she suddenly blurted, her tone sharp and accusatory.

she was surprised and taken aback by the vitriol of her words; she didn't know it, but her pent-up frustrations dammed for so long had suddenly erupted, and seff was the unlucky scapegoat. it was too late for her to take back the harshness of her tone, or the coldness of her scowl -- so instead, she owned the sudden outburst and leveled a haughty glare in his direction.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
All my friends are heathens - by Seff - October 24, 2016, 05:51 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Indra - October 28, 2016, 08:06 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Seff - October 30, 2016, 10:25 AM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Indra - October 30, 2016, 02:48 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Seff - October 30, 2016, 04:39 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Indra - October 30, 2016, 07:02 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Seff - October 30, 2016, 07:13 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Indra - November 01, 2016, 06:21 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Seff - November 01, 2016, 08:05 PM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Indra - November 02, 2016, 11:47 AM
RE: All my friends are heathens - by Seff - November 03, 2016, 04:24 PM