Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The dark grey fur that  rang along her spine prickled as Arturo elaborated upon her freedom to explore. Olive had been sneaking too and from the Forest in secret and so was relieved to hear that her actions were endorsed [rather than rejected]. Still, Olive elected to keep her jaunts to the surrounding territories a secret. The duo padded along through the forest.

“Room to roam?"  She questioned him in a lighthearted intonation. “Thank you, Arturo. Oh, wherever shall I go?” Olive chuckled deep in her chest.

Arturo was kind and gentlemanly - Olive had only known Ceannasach for a short while and she felt confident un that. His actions and self sacrificial way of speaking made her further believe so, and he was proceeded by his envoy, composed of caliber of wolf [whom Olive felt blessed to associate with]. Though Arturo made her feel safe, Olive felt what almost was a childish need to serve him and to prove her own worth and practicality to the family. Perhaps this was good of an opportunity as any to position herself as an advisor [of sorts].

“I don’t see how this forest could ever stifle. These woods… they are truly limitless. Here is where the universal soul can be glimpsed.” It wasn’t untrue. “Life, all life, is ever shifting and in the spaces between the movements we find…” Olive drifted off, unable to find the correct verbiage at first. “oneness. Things never stay the same, but how they are now is… is how they are meant to be. This forest will never be the same as it is in this moment, or the next, or the next...”

If she were ever to truly advise Teaghlaigh in any sort of effective way, Olive would need to have more than a superficial understanding of pack politics [which, perhaps, were still a foreign concept to the fae]. She was skilled in the art of relationships, but it seemed that she did maintain the capacity to leverage these relationships in any manipulative or inauthentic way. Her own dharma just wouldn’t let her. Olive sometimes feared this would [one day] be her demise. 

“You speak of allies. Like that of dens, I fear my knowledge of political strategies and decorum… Is quite limited.” Olive bit her lip and hoped she weren’t undermining herself. “Can you further explain this to me? Who are our allies, and how should I act around them?”

Olive left the question open to Arturo and turned her gaze back to the forest floor in front of her. They had brushed past some patches of forest that had great den potential and she tucked the locations in her memory’s back pocket. 

"I’m asking silly questions of dens and allies… I must sound like a pup; just learning these types of things.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM