Ravensblood Forest Billions of Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
And Palisander did as she as suggested! Olive was pleased. 

The brute move closer and took the moonstone in his mouth, scooting it closer to his sandy-hued physique. Her pack brother seemed curious about the stone, and she [imperceptibly] tipped her head towards him in gratitude. So many wolves quickly dismissed her [and her ideas] and it always rubbed her sweet spot when others would [at the very least] humored her.

But, he did still seem curious. Olive inched closer to him [her nebulous eyes strongly reflecting the green of leaves above and underfoot] and she too stared into the opalescent folds and layers of the stone.

Of course, now she was obligated to give Palisander an explanation of the moonstone’s magic [not that she wouldn’t take advantage of any opportunity to promulgate the news of her gods]. How could she put into words what she barely knew herself? Unlike the omnipresent heavens and expansive, tangible nature… Gemstones were a rarity. She had never actually set sights on one before, especially not one this beautiful. But she had heard naturalist and bards [both of those trades could easily fit inside one wolf, and often did just that] sing songs of them. According to the universal understanding of it all, crystals had to ability to heal emotional and physical wounds. But she knew more about the legend than the mechanics of the stones. 

Olive raised her head to her fellow explorer, her mind suddenly expansive and clear. Though she knew close to nothing about the stone, she felt that she had never thought so straight before.

“It’s a gemstone… have you ever seen one? I’ve never seen one before.” Her heart still fluttered inside her chest from her digging exertions and excitement. Olive hoped she appeared normal to Palisandar and not entirely a raving lunatic. “I’ve heard tales of of caves made of gemstones. Floors, walls and roofs, all glittering with the stuff.”

I’ve also heard that the gods imbued gemstones with the power to heal. Different stones have the power to cure different ailments, both those of the mind and the body. Placing them around you, near you, imbues you with positive energy on a cellular level… and truly, nurturing your body like this is one of the best way to nurture your spirit.”

“White stones such as this usually affect… the stomach, or was it the brain?” She smiled sweetly, chuckling at herself. “I’ll be honest, that i’m not entirely sure of. I’m still learning.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 03, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 04, 2016, 04:21 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 07, 2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 08, 2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 13, 2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 15, 2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 18, 2016, 06:29 AM