Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Perhaps an internal territory?

Alright, alright. Perhaps pack politics we’re too farfetched for her - especially when it required her make friendly with others… that, she was good at. Olive had so feared that Arturo would thrust upon her a life of fending off enemies and defending their territory - the sorts of material issues that Olive preferred to live without. Some wolves were beyond saving, especially those who harmed others over mortal issues. Arturo mentioned an alliance during a war, but Olive felt that unlikely. He didn’t seem like that kind of man; especially not if he struck an alliance with their neighbors in Blackrock Depths. 

“What a benevolent act.” The grey woman chuffed happily.  “I appreciate be associated with wolves who would rather strike alliances rather than create enemies. I hope that i’m able to  meet a patron of Blackrock Depths soon, in addition to the young queen you mentioned prior.”

Olive realized then that she had been blatantly disregarding her task of finding a suitable denning area. Her forest-hued gaze snapped back to the landscape in front of her, surveying the land for a cleared area. She was seeking something with space, without trees looming above her and separating her from the cosmos. In a forest of titans, this was a lot to ask of the natural world. So far they had only traveled under a thick canopy which enshrouded the entire forest in a dusky darkness. Squinting, Olive saw something in the distance that resembled sunlight shining through, so Olive steered Arturo in it’s direction with a touch of the shoulder. Perhaps it was a break in the trees. 

As they drew closer, Olive saw what it was. It was a small, rocky outcrop - warmed gently by the sun. Due to the rocky soil of this particular area, thick tree roots could not grab hold and thus there weren’t any to get in the way of her stargazing. Small, low-lying bushes sprouted from crags in the rocks, which brightened up the earthy rock.

One monolith leaned up against another, creating a dark cavernous area that was shielded on three sides by weather, smooth rock. Interest piqued, Olive crept closer to inspect the area. The enclave was large enough to for her to move about comfortably. It was an area devoid of natural complexity, but solid and reliable. Olive liked it.  It wasn’t a den,  but if she hadn’t lived underground at this point in her life… why start now? 

Turned from the stony grotto, Olive turned back towards the treeline which enclosed them. “Would it be too odd for a wolf to take shelter in a cavern of stonework?” the mistress asked Arturo, almost rhetorically. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM