Ravensblood Forest Billions of Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Just tagging ‘Turo for awareness :)

Palisander quickly put Olive in a quandary that she did not expect. Of course the moonstone was so beautiful that others would desire to have it! All beautiful things in this world needed protecting – all mortal wolves were prone to indulging in life’s greatest sins, including gluttony and greed. That was why the stone needed her, called her forth: to protect it.

No.

Olive stopped herself. Weren’t she suffering from those sins  at that very moment? Yes the moonstone was beautiful and, yes, it did call out to her. But it was not hers. The stone belonged to no one except itself, as it would continually recreate itself in lock-step with the earth’s shifting layers - for eternity. Olive was almost embarrassed at her lack of self and materialism, but she was unable to relent entirely. Something in her had claimed the moonstone and wanted to keep it close to her person at all times. It was hers, but it wasn’t. But neither was it Palisander’s! Olive regarded him closely, trying to determine his motive.

Palisander was family, she concluded. He could only have the best interest for the family in his heart; and family included herself. He even disclosed that he wished to determine and harness its entire healing properties with Isley. It was selfless. But, still!!

Instead, Olive posed what she deemed a solution. “What if…”  She began, looking at the male in earnest. “What if we presented and gifted the moonstone to Ceannasach at the next family meeting? This way the stone is available for you, Isley and I to use and borrow, but it is consistently blessing and protecting our leader. After all, we owe everything to @Arturo.” Olive knew naught of Palisander’s past, but she felt it safe to assume the brute was indebted to the Ceannasach.

Olive turned her to attention to Palisander’s other question. “This is the first gemstone I’ve laid eyes upon – if I’m being truthful, I would not know where to look to find others. As you’ve run across more than I, do you have any suggestions?” Her tone lightened at the thought of locating other treasures across Ravensblood Forest.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 03, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 04, 2016, 04:21 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 07, 2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 08, 2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 13, 2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 15, 2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 18, 2016, 06:29 AM