Ravensblood Forest Im here with a pledge hand slapped across my chest
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
So it had been decided: Dakarai was to be a part of Teaghlaigh. Not the family per se, but he had been labeled a member of Teaghlaigh and was well on his way to full indoctrination. It had happened rather quickly, even though moments before Olive had belabored the lengthy process… but, it was done! The sylph bit her lip in saccharine excitement, gaze darting from Ceannasach to Dakarai, gauging his reaction. 

Olive had learned much this day. She learned that Dakarai was skilled at hunting . Momentarily, a question crossed her placid mind: could she hunt less, now that she had an adept hunter at her side? She hated it, but somehow the deadly act seemed less haunting if it was committed through another. The creature needed that buffer zone and distance from spilled blood. Against her instincts, Olive often went long swaths of time without eating. When she did eventually kill her prey, the fae would preform her shamanic rituals over the corpse, but the meal never truly satisfied and she was always left hungering. Having to hunt less would be yet another positive outcome of her and Dakarai’s life together. 

Dakarai also claimed to be unendingly loyal - but this she already knew to be true. It was demonstrated through his gallant return to her. Olive felt as though she were a wolf of antiquity that lived in a fairy tale or in a song sung by troubadours. Perhaps the bards would eventually sing songs of their love - but that was yet to be seen. 

Olive also learned of the kindness of family. At first, she was reluctant have company during her reunion and craved aloneness with Dakarai. But now she understood that she had been lucky not to face her wounded lover alone - for it was family who held her in place as her spiral unwound. Chusi’s benevolent tendencies impressed her; Olive saw a teeny tiny piece of herself in the spunky adolescent in that moment. Arturo [ever stalwart] was an effective boss, but he was also kind. It was a risk to accept Dakarai, a wolf who potentially had a group of stygian wolves following him. But, Arturo did and her gratitude was unending. 

“Arturo… thank you.” Olive uttered through her grin. “I know this seems quite… sudden. Just… thank you,” the greyscale shewolf uttered, all poetics gone from her voice. She was sure her and Arturo would have a talk later on about this scene - once the strong energies died down and balance returned to her life. 

Olive place a petite, cream colored paw upon her lover’s shoulder, returned his nuzzle and spoke sweetly to him. “You’re home now.” Looking up, she built upon Chusi’s question. “Yes, can you walk? Here, you can lean on me.” Olive lightly pressed her weight into Dakarai to show him what she meant. Despite her petite frame, Olive would carry him to the end of the world [if she had to].
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im here with a pledge hand slapped across my chest - by Olive - November 18, 2016, 02:50 PM