Ravensblood Forest Billions of Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
“Yes!” the dove chirped, pleased at the palpable transition of the conversation.  She definitely did want to present the stone at the next family meeting - whenever that may be. It filled her with pride to dedicate such a strong stone to Ceannasach and hoped the act wouldn’t appear too credulous to the rest of the family - but, truthfully, it was for their own good. In her natal pack, devotional acts and sacrifices were normal fare and were often accompanied by instances of great natural abundance. Olive hoped her resignation of the moonstone to something [someone] higher than herself would set their atomic microcosm in balance. In the face of the impending winter, the timing couldn’t be more perfect. 

“Why don’t... I mean, you should hold onto it... until then. I’m sure Arturo would love to hear what healing properties it contains, and I am no healer. Just bring it with you when the time comes” Olive grinned towards the brute, letting any hardness between them crumble and blow away with the winds.  It was a test, but it was a test more for herself than it was for him.

Olive whirled her body around, invigorated by the mention of treasures, caves and tunnels. “Oh, yes! That’s fantastic. I know exactly of what you speak… Mountains, always so squally and tumultuous; the earth gods underneath the mountains heave, grind and throw themselves about. In the midst of their tantrums they fracture the rock, oftentimes creating caverns that are navigable by…” Olive’s orbs  [which had  been so nicely reflecting the dark green hue of the forest around them] hazed over doing her vivid soliloquy, but at once snapped back to Palisander’s. 

“…navigable by us.” The fae concluded with a toss of her head, not truly giving him time to weigh his options. 

“So, it has been decided - yes?” Olive closed the space between them with dancing, light steps. “We shall go on a hunt… not a hunt for blood, but a hunt for these jewels of the earth.” Olive stopped and nosed the moonstone which lay on the ground, as if Palisander needed a reminder. “It would be sage to explore these caves before the snows blow in, right?”  The faux naivety aimed to disguise her true question: she wanted to know soon they were to leave on this journey. Olive was apt to leave right then - but, then again, Olive would never not be held in the clothes of wanderlust and her thirst for unknown would never be truly quenched. If Palisander needed to wait, she would do so happily.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 03, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 04, 2016, 04:21 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 07, 2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 08, 2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 13, 2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Olive - November 15, 2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Billions of Eyes - by Palisander - November 18, 2016, 06:29 AM