Coconut Grove pineapples in her hair
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
pina colada, anyone?

The thing that Sadie described led Olive to believe that rum was not good, but the lass’s entire mien made her think otherwise. The prophet generally turned away from death and decay [preferring to instead face the world from a place of light], so naturally the idea of it made her skeptical.  However… The fact that simple ferments fruits could [would?] inspire such fervor in a wolf intrigued her so. It was not the taste or this burn which piqued her curiosity, but the beatitude she felt radiate from Sadie; Olive wanted to know more about that. feel that. experience that. 

If there was something, anything that could produce happiness… Olive wanted to experience it. That was something that had changed within her since sidling up with Teaghlaigh and becoming comfortable. The pale sylph actively sought pleasure, from the security of family to the ardor and passions of her dark paramour. She wanted more and craved more and more — and though the universe saw fit to throw many sadnesses her way, it also saw fit to dote greatly on her in the form of earthly delights.

Olive did not stop Sadie when she swung her head ‘round to locate the source of rum, instead hoping silently that she would find what was needed. It was quickly located and retrieved and Sadie seemed skilled in opening the object, as if she had done this many times before. The coconut opened and Sadie imbibed deeply, offer the shell to Olive. Olive’s black nose sniffed the liquid curiously and dipped her pink tongue into the stuff.

She felt the warmth run across her tongue and drip down her throat, lighting the route deep into her chest. Immediately Olive understood how Sadie could stand the biting winter waters. Her entire being had been heated from the inside, even though her delicate palate was reeling from the awful taste of it. Olive pulled back her lips in a grimace and she exhaled sharply, feeling the effervescent overtones of alcohol riding on her breath. She looked up at Sadie from where held her head close to the shell of the coconut. Yes, the liquid warmed her but did not do must else - so what was the big deal about this stuff? She didn’t truly feel any different then she had a moment before. Olive took another lap for good measure and rose her head, not exactly sure what to say about rum’s slow nature but wishing to relate to Sadie all the same. 

“I spent a lot of time in the south, where the air remains heavy and humid from the sea. Some fellows showed me a fruit that was often eaten — they called it a pineapple. It was sour, yet sweet… like your rum, but less sharp. I bet those two flavors would balance quite nicely, when eaten together.” A sly grin was tossed towards the pirate. “Alas, I haven’t seen any around this coast. It must be too cold here.” But, really, the snow that sat around them probably would have made a good addition to her imagined frozen slurry, too.  "When does it do the...thing?" she said, quite uneloquently.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 27, 2016, 11:07 AM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 27, 2016, 10:31 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 28, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 29, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 29, 2016, 09:21 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 30, 2016, 01:02 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - January 08, 2017, 01:38 AM