Fox's Glade that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
grimly, the woman received the news -- maegi did not even need to describe the foul beasts that had done this to her, for indra jumped to the conclusion she already knew. she looked away from maegi, her expression covered in a deep frown as she trailed her amber eyes along the bruised-blue ridges of the distant mountain. she had encountered nightstar not too far from here -- and he had been the one to first tell her of the monstrosities that habituated that darkened rise.

when she looked back to maegi, she thought she detected a hint of distress -- her features softened. perhaps it was because maegi seemed so abject and alone -- perhaps it was because she was young -- but indra felt her icy composure melt.

"i know of them." she said, though her tone suggested she had no love for the demons that prowled so close to bearclaw's cusp. maegi looked vulnerable to indra, and she caught the tremor that shook the young girl's body. suddenly, indra felt selfish to have been protective of the quail -- it seemed maegi needed it more than laurel. there was always the cache.

she nudged the rumpled carcass to the younger wolf and instructed firmly "eat." while the pale girl had mentioned brothers, indra would wait to press the issue.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound - by Indra - April 22, 2018, 08:05 PM