Fox's Glade that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra hadn't missed the hiccup in maegi's response -- she cast one ear to the side as if examining the truncated noise, but did not inquire after it. truth be told, had maegi said blackfeather, indra might not have put the gut-splattered forest to the name.

being a forest near the mountains was not too specific for indra; there were many forests, and even more mountain ranges. she supposed she could press for a more detailed reply when the girl wasn't half-starved and nearly septic -- with a noncommital expression indra started to walk off. she wondered how blondine would have handled this -- probably with aplomb -- indra was neither as sociable, nor as friendly and she winced through the next thing she spoke: "well, i'm going to my home. you can follow, we can patch you up.. and then when you're feeling better, we can try to find this forest at the base of a mountain. come... or don't."

maybe she could have been a bit nicer, a bit warmer -- but the russet redleaf had learned too well how wearing one's heart on their sleeve went. she hoped inwardly that maybe maegi would follow - at the very least, so she could rest a bit and heal from the gruesome injury across her muzzle. and then, when she was ready, she could go -- indra certainly wouldn't stop her.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound - by Indra - May 06, 2018, 07:33 PM