Heron Lake Plateau my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She had expected a lot of questions, but that wasn't one of them.  From what little she knew of Caiaphas, this wasn't out of the ordinary, but it was a little, ah, direct.  She took a slow, metered breath and rolled her shoulders.

Raven is, well, she's easy.  We have history and good chemistry.  I've never done her dirty.  Quixote is harder, but I think he has a good head on his shoulders as long as he can focus.  We've been through a lot here, right before you came, and he's a little stressed.  Her lip tightened, and her ears flicked to the side for a moment as she continued.  Niamh is the hardest.  She doesn't like me 'n I don't know why.  I think it's because she sees me as a threat.  She's pulled rank on me before over shit that didn't matter.

Her gaze trailed across the flat plane of the Plateau before she continued.  I lead with facts.  I don't think the Plateau is going to offer us enough cover for the winter, at least most of it.  Birds are our main source of prey, and they'll be gone before the first snow.  It'll be bitterly cold.  We'll be hungry.  And if that didn't work?

Well, she had no clue.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
RE: my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state - by Fire - September 23, 2018, 09:12 PM