Heron Lake Plateau my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She shrugged.  Probably.  I'm not, though.  I've never been gunning for her position.  I just work.  It was the truth.  Ceara thought that one day she might be suited to leadership, but she wouldn't sweat it if that day never came.  Being delta gave her enough authority, and this way she didn't have the constant scrutiny that leadership did.  She could scout whenever she pleased.

If they don't believe me?  One of two things will happen.  We'll freeze and starve for a while and they'll decide I was right.  Or we'll hole up somewhere, probably near the Thicket, and make it out alright, if not a little miserable.  We might have to expand our hunting grounds and become more territorial over neutral lands.

She turned then towards the sloped end of the Plateau.  But just over there is an island of some sorts.  It's not really an island, but it's surrounded by two rivers.  One side of the isle is bordered by an enormous forest.  It stretches, as far as I could tell, from the mountains down south to the coast up north.  It's a bit of a hike for us now, but.  We could live there, or we could use it as additional hunting grounds.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
RE: my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state - by Fire - September 23, 2018, 09:36 PM