Wheeling Gull Isle just like you, like me, like everybody else
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
My last NaNo/NaWo post for the year, whoof! (If you don't count the half-done reply for Thresher waiting in the wings, heh heh.)
And <3! Thankys KJ, glad you liked it.  ^^  *glomphs Blossom and Koi both* They make an adorable bunch, really!

Driftwood is sorry almost immediately for the uncharacteristic aggressiveness of his questioning, and then shortly grows sorrier yet as he sees the next-oldest wolf crumple and fold in upon himself like a much-abused piece of papery birchbark getting blown about by the wind and trampled upon. Driftwood leans back and relaxes a little, his own ears flattening apologetically and his tail waving wider and faster—especially as he looks down to scrawny little Koi again. his eyes softening and his heart melting at the scruffy, fluffy adorableness that one just can't help but forgive, no matter how much trouble they may be getting their fluffy self into. But in this case, at least, it seemed to be quite all right. This newcomer whom Driftwood didn't recognize certainly didn't seem inclined to offer to start anything—and had he said he'd been invited? Whoops. Well then!

Driftwood scooches one foreleg back to flop it gently across Koi's now-prone form, affectionately teasing her just a little. And giving her something to play-wrestle with for just a moment, which would both keep her safe while Driftwood double-checked the credentials of this intruder and keep her from overwhelming the slight guy with her puppyish enthusiasm while he was in the middle of trying to gain forgiveness and make a better impression. ...Hopefully. Your legs, Koi, he says with a little grin down at her. They worked, and then they didn't again! Uh oh! If his smiling mouth doesn't given away the joking nature of this the cheery twinkle in his eye surely will. He is slightly embarrassed to recall himself to the other and the less-pleasant duty he must now fulfill, though, in giving the stranger the once-over—a duty that the pup herself reminds him of, whoops. Even this carefree youngster has better manners than Driftwood it seems. Although Driftwood himself isn't quite sure what she is getting at with her last words... 'Like Blossom and Hemmy'? he repeats in bafflement, and turns querying eyes upon the intruder, his look quickly losing all semblance of hostility and shifting to a more comfortably open and curious guise. Yes, um, yes Blossom, this is Undersea, and Wheeling Gull Isle. The one and only, Driftwood lamely concludes and then has to grope about a moment mentally for just what else it was he wanted to say. The distraction of Koi's sudden tongue attack on his paws doesn't much help; he keeps having to fight back giggles, the corners of his mouth jerking fitfully up at her ticklish puppy antics as he struggles to concentrate on Important Grownup Matters in the meantime, here. No no no, that's all right... no need to leave! Er, you were invited? By who? Driftwood's eyes flicker to check on Koi again quickly before he adds a couple of guesses, ...Blossom or Hemmy perhaps? Eheh. He tweaks his whiskers indecisively before adding, Do you know Seelie?
Messages In This Thread
just like you, like me, like everybody else - by Bbbbb - November 17, 2018, 09:48 PM
RE: just like you, like me, like everybody else - by Koi - November 18, 2018, 06:02 PM
RE: just like you, like me, like everybody else - by Bbbbb - November 22, 2018, 11:57 AM
RE: just like you, like me, like everybody else - by Koi - November 24, 2018, 10:55 PM
RE: just like you, like me, like everybody else - by Driftwood - December 01, 2018, 01:59 AM