Hushed Willows tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE]
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was not too long before others arrived, and Olive made quite a good time of watching each new face and inhaling every new scent that arrived. Lily had done an incredible job spreading word to the other packs and encouraging them to show face. This was the entire point of Elysium, to spread healing and good vibes throughout the land, was it not? It was simply exquisite to watch ones’ dreams and hard work come to fruition right before ones’ eyes, but here it was — supported not only by she and Seabreeze, but by Lily and Delight and Khali and the Morningside wolves and the various different packs that dotted these surrounding lands. They had all rallied behind a cause, which was Yule of course, but it really felt like they were all rallying around her.

Lovely Lily began to sing, a wonderful song of bliss and cheer. Olive was not much a singer but she waited for the chorus repeat once, twice and three times before her own voice, soft and lilting, was added to the coterie.

Sing, all! Yule is nigh!
Dance, all! The moon is high!
Love will never die!
Our stories live forever!

Then, it very much seemed that everyone broke off into small groups and proceeded with their own conversations. For a moment, Olive was left out of any of those aforementioned groups [as Olive often was]. This, Olive was okay with — she teetered somewhere on the edge of introvert and extrovert and often this manifested as a quiet shyness — but at least she was there, and she loved being there and experiencing all the wonderful things this fête had to offer. Didn’t mean she had to corner anyone and force a conversation in order for that to happen.

— but then, Olive caught an interesting sight. Treason, whom Olive knew from her time in Sunspire. They had not parted on the world’s best of terms, but the relationship between her and Rannoch and not soured. She and Treason had never been friends, and for that reason, Olive was not eager to interact with her. The willowed sylph began to turn her head, eyes searching for the sight of her beloved — to both warn her of Treason’s appearance and to seek comfort by her side — but saw that Seabreeze was already being entertained by the likes of @Delight and @Terence.

Perhaps it was all innocent, and she was just friends with Delight and Terence was only here to see his kids, but Olive felt a flash of who-knows-what flare up in her gut. She was not a dominant being [if fact, her very soul repelled the idea of hierarchy and competition, thus Elysium’s rank structure], oh but Olive wanted to make her claim known! The pale woman stood up, which was quite sudden considering she had been relatively inert until this moment, and snaked her way over to the cluster of wolves.

Olive nudged Eleuthera, who was always hesitant to socialize [like mother, like daughter], and sent her down the same path as @Lily and Seamus, bless that woman. Then Olive pulled up alongside Seabreeze, overtly pressing into her in a way that spoke this is my woman and smiled.
“Hello Delight,” Olive greeted the smokey wolf before turning to the aphotic, scarred man who once called Seabreeze his own. “Terence, welcome back to Elysium.” Elysium was the concept that Olive had fractured his and Seabreeze’s family over. Did he hate her for it? While this was not the man’s first visit to the willows, but Olive clenched her jaw as she searched Terence’s face for any indication of resentment — or possession. Then she just continued to be virtually tied to her wife’s side, smiling like a fool and tried to look particularly inviting. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE] - by Olive - January 05, 2019, 01:50 PM