Hushed Willows Nowhere to turn
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The information that Drakonis offered did not please the shakti woman. Not only did he had no idea where Sirius was — this did not really surprise her, for she had seen what a life of forced distance had done to him — but he was continuing to seek his father, the dark knight. Olive truly wished to distance herself from the memory of the man, and had successfully done so since she had departed Sunspire. In her new blissful life with Seabreeze and Elysium, Dakarai was only a shadow that once used to haunt her.

This was not a can of worms that Olive wished to reopen — maybe, if there was a good reason to, but if there was one here Olive failed to see it. There was only risk to her and anger for him to be found by divulging the truth she knew about Dakarai: the truth that he was indeed dead, and at his own daughters [Drakoni’s half-sister’s] jaws.

Olive very quickly turned darker, and more serious. Her teeth grit a hard line as she regarded Drakonis and the threat he posed right now.   
“Unfortunately, I wouldn’t know anything that happened to him when he little.” Drakonis knew this. She figured this was not his point, and the ‘thing that happened to him’ was actually the distance itself, but it was a valid point to make since the boy’s comments felt  very directed and personal. Then she turned her attention to the matter of Dakarai. 

“Why would you want to find him? Why is that your life’s goal?” Olive questioned, unable to hide how this matter flustered her.  “You never knew him, did you? I knew him — loved him and raised children with him. If you wish you be happy, I suggest you distance yourself from the idea of him. Move on and make goals that exist outside of Dakarai. It’s for your own good.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Nowhere to turn - by Drakonis - January 17, 2019, 06:29 PM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Olive - January 18, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Drakonis - January 18, 2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Olive - January 20, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Drakonis - January 21, 2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Olive - February 09, 2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Nowhere to turn - by Drakonis - February 10, 2019, 11:58 AM