Hushed Willows [festival] if my heart were a turntable
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had offered his little piece of the star that had fallen on Moonspear territory at the main maypole, hoping that it would help make the fertility gods a bit more positive. He wasn't too happy about the amount of wolves that he knew here -- he'd rather have seen some more wolves there that he knew positively, rather than all these ghosts from the past. The fact that all of them avoided him made Charon more furious; it was one thing that they had left his pack at an inconvenient time. It was another that they didn't even seem to realise why he was angry. He wasn't angry about them leaving, he was angry about the timing as well as them keeping it a secret from him until they suddenly left. But he doubted they'd ever understand.

Gannet was one of the wolves that he had spent time talking about the others with. Charon remembered being grateful for Gannet's loyalty -- a loyalty that he had given his word on -- but then he had left, telling him only through Hydra. He'd called him almost family, and yet Gannet, too, had left. Without fulfilling his word, without staying in Moonspear's service until he was freed by the word of its Alphas. Charon figured when Hydra told him that Gannet'd just go looking for whatever he needed to look -- wasn't it that other relative of him that'd also joined Moonspear for a time? Charon'd forgotten his name -- and then he would return to fulfil his service further.

But he'd never returned.

For some time Charon lingered around the festival with Ame mostly, until he eventually got into the "drunk angry ex" phase. He wasn't even sure if he was more angry, disappointed or just plain hurt as he stepped up towards Gannet.

Why didn't you return? he asked plainly, a frown on his face that betrayed the pain living beyond his eyes, even though he hadn't wanted to show any of it. But fuck, he cared, and this is where caring for someone who'd been formerly a Redhawk got him, apparently.
Messages In This Thread
[festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - February 22, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 23, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 02, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 04, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 05, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 06, 2019, 09:07 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 09, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 10, 2019, 04:38 PM