Emberwood the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
She was only allowed a few moments respite before her body began to seize again, but she faced it now with a new confidence — she could do this, her body could do this, and this would not be the death of her. Several deep breathes steadied her nerves, ready to face whatever pain that lay ahead for the sake of rest of her litter. However, Sundance had paved an easy road for his two younger brothers, and all Olive seemingly had to do was give several gentle pushes, and the other two were also born. She reached down and brought @Reif and @Atwood forward, cleansing them with extreme pleasure.

Then she held her bouquet of cubs, a myriad of colors from silver to tan to chocolate, close to her breast and she looked up at Cortez with an expression of pure surprise.
“Oh my god,” she muttered to herself, absolutely astonished at what had just happened. It had all happened so fast that she barely had time to blink. One moment she had been exploring with her brother, and the next she was writhing upon the ground in pain, and now she was laying in a random wood, her children squalling in her arms. “Oh my god,” she repeated as she looked up at him, eyes wide with wonder, wishing he was able to explain to her all of the things that had just happened. Just like that, she was made a mother anew. Who would have ever thought now, at this moment, so far from the safety of Elysium?
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east - by Olive - April 27, 2019, 05:55 PM