Lone Star Mountain the sweet taste of olive oil on your lips
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The way these two jived was reminiscent of the way Olive felt when she was around her father. Both had a very masculine presence — or at least her father had when she was a child and he was younger. The willow witch had not seen him in years and it was certain that he was very old, if he was alive at all, but the one thing that the druid was certain that age could not touch was his reverence for the stars. He always spoke of the gods and their map in the sky with conviction, and that was what lit the fire for astronomy within her. She felt it renewed here and now, with Vangard. 

She snickered as he continued his admittedly pedantic beliefs on children, shaking her head good naturedly.
“I agree with you on almost all things, but I do not believe things are good or bad. Things just are what they are, totally neutral. It’s our silly minds that label things as good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant, friend or foe, leader or subordinate… and, unfortunately, that’s what leads to most of the evils in this world.”  that’s one thing that father had been adamant about. The core of every soul, no matter what body it lived within, was the same — and if so, how could you fight someone who is also yourself? How could you consume someone who was also yourself? How could you wish harm upon them?

Olive had come to terms that she and her father might be the only two wolves in the world who believed it, but that was okay, because that idea is what drove her every waking moment. It seemed that Vangard could feel it too, as he called her an old soul than most.
“I’m getting to actually be older than most. I should cherish my babies and their godliness while I still can.”  she commented in an attempt at humor, but behind every joke was a small bit of truth. Though she was pregnant at this moment, and she was hale and healthy in every way, she wasn’t sure how many child bearing years she would have left. She would always have midwifery to keep her close to children, but it was a different experience to actually go through it herself.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
the sweet taste of olive oil on your lips - by Olive - March 10, 2019, 07:09 PM
RE: the sweet taste of olive oil on your lips - by Olive - May 14, 2019, 11:49 PM