Lost Creek Hollow I'm not gonna try and change your mind.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
His question was met with a little nod. I told them we've got multiple litters of our own. Gannet mentioned his interest in herbs and healing, so he might revisit some of the packs and trade knowledge with them.

When Terance caught on to her unease she paused. Her thoughts were a jumble — because Ibis was happy for her mothers, but not sure about herself. The indecision was clearly wrought across her face and she knew it. For once, she wished she wasn't so easy to read. Not knowing what to say - or really how to say how she felt - she shrugged and gave a non-answer.

I'm happy they are happy. Even if it made her feel like she was being replaced all over again. Ibis had gone through a similar line of thought when she found out Terance was going to have kids, but this felt different because this was about Seabreeze and Olive, who had been big fixtures in her childhood. She knew her mothers weren't trying to replace her, or Okeanos for that matter.

Her brow furrowed. I'm a little jealous of them, she admitted finally. They get to spend all their time with mom. I mean... I chose to come here, and its been fun, but there's kids here too — I miss being small. Er, young. I'm always gonna be small, she was jumbling up her explanation too now, which led to a small huff and her silence.

The childhood of both the children had been ripe with confusion and indecision. The monumental decision to move the tiny family so often had been hard on Ibis specifically, although now that she was a juvenile she couldn't really think back to those moments with much clarity. She wondered what life would be like if she'd had a stable place to grow up - and that was likely the root of it all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm not gonna try and change your mind. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 28, 2019, 06:26 PM