Stone Circle and i've lost a few good friends along the way
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
steph delivered a handy synopsis of her life; thus far, she seemed to have had some journeying under her paws. the mother in indra smiled, relieved for valette's sake that one of her stray cubs had returned home. but oh-- that made her think of merrick! the smile was dashed from her face and a shadow stole across it, troubled.

where was merrick? was he safe? was he okay?

she knew the answer -- at least, to the last two.. and quickly, thought of something else.

where were you before you came here? too many places for a short answer. indra smiled apologetically. drawing in a breath, she thought of how best to answer concisely: would 'everywhere?' suffice?

"we've done a fair bit of traveling." indra started, realizing she did not much want to relieve (or reawaken) the demons of her past. "but around the time you were born, i think laurel and i were in bearclaw valley. it used to be a pack, you know. back then it was very small -- we ended up having to leave, and lived in lost creek hollow for a while." thinking of the hollow, and terance, brought a sad flash to indra's deeply expressive eyes. "but we had to leave to look for one of laurel's children."

she had said too much, she thought: at least, so much that she likely had given rise to even more questions with her explanation. "but i like it here. i hope we stay."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i've lost a few good friends along the way - by Indra - July 27, 2019, 11:43 AM