Stone Circle The Question
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra listened on, indefatigably patient. she was not expecting the question that came -- surprise slipped across her features, and her eyes had a new sharpness to them as she looked upon marten. the notion -- the very idea -- of marten ending up like xan had never occurred to her. how very endearing it was of children, to look upon the world with perspectives most adults lacked.

indra turned the question[s] over in her mind, her response weighted. "what -- no." indra frowned, taken aback and wanting no part in seeing marten ever become him. she wanted to tell him it would be okay, that it would never happen, but she knew better, didn't she?

how many times had she sworn she would never be like her parents? how many times had she cursed reek and saena's names, vowing never to leave her children behind, vowing she would never fade in and out of their lives like a weak current..?

and where was merrick today, indra? that ugly voice in her head seemed to sneer invisibly, victoriously. had she spent her whole life lying to herself, too?

"you'll only become him if you want to be like him." indra answered lamely, her positioning softening. "he didn't mean any of what he did. your father might suck, but he is not malicious. i see little of him in you, marten." indra smiled encouragingly, despite a sorrow that pulled at her heart in that moment.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
The Question - by Marten - July 25, 2019, 01:38 PM
RE: The Question - by Indra - July 27, 2019, 12:37 PM
RE: The Question - by Marten - July 27, 2019, 12:43 PM
RE: The Question - by Indra - August 03, 2019, 10:09 AM
RE: The Question - by Marten - August 06, 2019, 08:37 AM
RE: The Question - by Indra - August 16, 2019, 01:23 PM
RE: The Question - by Marten - August 16, 2019, 01:47 PM
RE: The Question - by Indra - August 25, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: The Question - by Marten - October 01, 2019, 08:22 AM