Coconut Grove I had this dream where I relished the fray
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Her face flushed. Why the hell did you say that?! Bat scolded herself inwardly, feeling really dumb. She'd meant "sidekick," clearly. Was that what they called a Freudian slip? After a few seconds of embarrassment, Bat quickly became amused by the slip of her tongue. What was even more entertaining was the absolute train wreck of introductions that followed.

Aelon-Feyr's name was just about the most mystical Bat had ever heard, though it was definitely Aelon and not Ellen, which was how Harlow pronounced it. And it took Bat a minute to figure out who Aelon-Feyr meant when she said Tristan's name. It all clicked into place and she snorted, shaking her head in amusement.

"Awesome," she commented to Harlow before including Aelon-Feyr with a gaze. "Great to meet both of you. What're you guys getting into today? Coconuts, I guess," Bat answered her own question with a huff of laughter as her attention turned to the gored gourd* at Harlow's feet.

* I literally contemplated this very thing on my commute to work this morning ("are coconuts gourds?").
Messages In This Thread
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 28, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 29, 2019, 10:14 AM