Emberwood I'd dance in a storm in my best dress.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
When she said her name, Ibis paused. She looked to Bhediya and saw the certainty in her eyes, the confidence, but also couldn't help but feel as though the woman was channelling Lily, her old friend. It was like talking to a mother and a sister all in one moment, which helped to alleviate some of the stress Ibis was putting herself through; but on the flip side, she felt her throat constrict with a flurry of emotion.

Bhediya knew just what to say. It was uplifting, and bolstered Ibis a little bit against the weight of all her worries. Ibis should know not to doubt fate; she had survived a lot to get to this point and by gathering people together, she ensured that others would survive too. Together they'd be stronger, they'd become some kind of family no matter what faced them.

The doubt did not fully evaporate (it never truly would), but Ibis felt a little better. I will. I'll do my best. Thank you, Bhediya.

She was still worried for the winter, but the woman was right. They would work together to make sure everyone was fed. No matter how long the famine lasted nor how bad it got, things would work out. It was a touch too optimistic for the reality of the situation but that's just how Ibis was, and having the reminder come from someone she had grown to trust was even more important. With a small sigh Ibis let the rest of her worries dissolve with the breath, and as she inhaled again, she smiled to her friend.

I never thought I'd be the leader of a group like this. Never, ever, in a hundred years. I've.. Never thought of myself as a leader before. Do you think... Ah, here it came again, the doubt. She tried to hold strong to the woman's previous words but still, her own were powerful unto themselves: Do you think I should lead? I helped to gather everyone, sure. But I'm just a girl, and there are people older, wiser, and more skilled for it. One of our newer recruits is a man named Kavik, and he once led the pack of Swiftcurrent. Or there's Kukulkan, he's strong and charismatic, people would follow him if given half the chance. You could do it, too—you'd be a lovely leader. There were so many options that Ibis thought were more suitable than herself and yet, they all looked to Ibis.
Messages In This Thread
I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:04 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:19 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:41 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 09:32 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:45 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 11:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 11:03 PM