The Heartwood invasion of the bodysnatchers
201 Posts
Ooc —
He was quick to reassure her, but words could only do so much to start. But when he withdrew, when he explained, Leta realized that he meant it. Leta's ears cupped forward as she realized what it was that made him go... and she could not help but feel a little surprised by it. And a little sad, too, that he thought that it was the best way to go about things. 

Leta hated confrontation, but she knew not how to avoid her feelings surfacing. The expression that was on her open-book features was one of confusion and uncertainty as she tried to understand. Uhm, so, she started, a little uncertainly; she looked to her paws, feeling hardly any more confident for it. But it helped a little. Uhm, I just feel like... she had to get it out. But she did not want to make him mad with her; she did not want him to run away as he already had. As Clay did, too. 

Please don't leave me yet, I'm... I mean that, you... could have talked to someone. Maybe that could have... made things different??? And if it didn't, then... then he had to do what he had to do. And she was not mad, just confused because, you left me and West... we didn't even know, but if we did, maybe we coulda done that, or something, not that Leta agreed necessarily, but she wanted to help her family work things out, not spread apart. Maybe West was unhappy too??? Maybe me??? No, not her, she was speaking in hypotheticals, but the point being, but I mean... well, how can anything change if we don't say anything about it?? She finally got out, her tangled thoughts on the floor as she peered to Newt to see if he understood. 

Still Leta was not mad; Leta loved him dearly. Leta just wanted to understand what he hoped for by leaving, and if he had really intended to just leave them behind along the way for good.
Messages In This Thread
invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 08:15 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 02:44 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 02:58 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 12, 2020, 04:06 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 12, 2020, 11:52 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 15, 2020, 04:49 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 23, 2020, 09:28 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 26, 2020, 07:11 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 26, 2020, 09:14 AM