Northstar Vale It's bad when you annoy yourself.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
When she felt the leaning of her friend, Ibis softened. She did not know what to do; after their previous argument on the subject, she did not anticipate any further help from Reiko at all — maybe some attitude, or an easy dismissal, both of which she would have accepted. Instead she got something different: a reversal from the previous advice. Rather than be open about her situation, now Reiko was justifying the use of deceit, which didn't sound right - Ibis' heart felt like it skipped a beat as she registered the words - but at the same time, a part of her wanted to trust that advice, different though it was.

Her own doubts supported a little white lie. It would be easy enough to claim Akavir as the father of her children (should there be any) and if Reiko was suggesting it to her, it was probably a good idea. Her friend was smart and kind and thoughtful, so while Ibis might not have trusted her own judgement, she was eager to trust Reiko; it was merely an unfortunate twist that this wasn't, in fact, her friend speaking.

But Ibis was so wrapped up in her own drama that she didn't pay too much attention to the differences. They should have been obvious - but they were not. Ibis heard what she wanted to hear, from the person she wanted to hear it from, and let out a sigh as she melted against Reiko.

You're... you're probably right. I mean, yes, that's sensible. Its not a harmful thing to lie about, either. For all I know he is the father. She shakes her head softly, lost for a moment to the dizzying memories. The giant who took her first; then of all people, Mal; the wild creature after that, and Akavir — was she forgetting anyone? Fionn, and the woman. In retrospect Ibis should have been more discerning, but it wasn't like she had planned any of this.

Thank you Reiko. I needed to hear your support, she murmurs against her friend's plush coat, nosing against her scruff and beginning to lightly groom at it, tugging a knot out with her teeth. Then she sighs, deep, down to her core, and pulls away - getting to her feet again. I'll go find him. I've put it off too long already.
Messages In This Thread
It's bad when you annoy yourself. - by Hime - May 06, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: It's bad when you annoy yourself. - by Hime - May 07, 2020, 07:03 PM
RE: It's bad when you annoy yourself. - by Hime - May 11, 2020, 03:28 PM
RE: It's bad when you annoy yourself. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 11, 2020, 08:59 PM
RE: It's bad when you annoy yourself. - by Hime - May 12, 2020, 10:43 PM