Northstar Vale You were in the parking lot earlier; that's how I know you!
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
The antics of the little halfbreed were, for the most part, ignored. Hime was aware of her little scuffling paws and the sound of something being moved around in the grass, but her entire focus was on the little pale girl. The one that looked so much like her sister. As they announced themselves with a cute little drawl, Hime smiled. It was a genuine expression for all of two seconds; but then the little runt came back, and they had some sort of object with them. A stick? No, it was bigger than that. A shard of bark that was a touch bigger than their face.

The little girl offered Hotaru the object as if to entice them to play, and Hime reacted swiftly. A small scowl creased her face as she stepped towards Lilitu, scooping her backwards with her toy, and effectively shoving her (carefully, lightly, as if Hime might be zapped or something) away from Hotaru as if she hadn't been standing there at all. She inserted herself between the girls with her focus still solely upon Hotaru.

Hotaru! My name is Hime. I am your auntie. It was weird to say it aloud. Hime had never wanted to be anyone's aunt, she did not hold family in such high esteem to desire great connections. She had Reiko and that was enough; Reiko was her's, and even if these children took some part of her away, Hime knew it was temporary. Reiko, your mother, is my sister. Do you have sisters?

Should Lilitu try to rebound back in to contact with the princess, Hime would be there with a careful paw to kick her back. Best she learn her place early in life.