Herbalists' Cache faithful john
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
it's not always about what we want, thade, wintersbane tells him in a gentle tone. our bodies need rest. rest is how our bodies heal when we are injured or sick; rest is how we remain strong. though, unfortunately, rest only soothes and heals the physical ailments. it doesn't tend to the mental or spiritual ...but wintersbane does not divulge this information to his young, temporary ward. i'll let you on a little secret it's taken me far too long to learn, wintersbane murmurs with a small, coy smile, leaning his muzzle slightly towards the boy as if he were about to offer thade a great and prized secret. it's better to take the longer paths then it is to take the shorter paths. which was the easiest way wintersbane could think to translate 'patience is a virtue'.

like the whole rabbit warren vs. rabbit den debate, wintersbane had been hoping by not bringing up sagtannet that he might avoid the question thade inquires of him now. it brings a rise of shame to wintersbane's cheeks; a flush hidden by the plush fur there. well, some time ago, i took a trip to the coast. i was attacked by a bear there and spent some time out of the wilds healing and repaying the kindness of the pack that found and healed me. lying didn't exactly seem like the best thing to do. except i didn't tell mahler or wylla where i went. wylla, your mother, feels that sagtannet has no use for me and i am no longer welcome there.

a punishment that would've impressed his mobster father, no doubt.

the same punishment he'd found waiting for him even in teaghlaigh were it still around. let it be never be said that wintersbane was a not man, not gentleman enough to accept the consequences of his actions.
Messages In This Thread
faithful john - by Thade - September 03, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2020, 09:49 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 05, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 05, 2020, 04:00 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 08, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 09, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 22, 2020, 10:21 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 26, 2020, 03:51 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 30, 2020, 05:30 PM