Herbalists' Cache faithful john
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
the change is startling; and confirms to wintersbane that the poor boy has been thru more than any child should ever have to endure. there is distrust in him now, glinting hard in the boy’s expression. perhaps, some part of him, wintersbane thinks, hadn’t fully trusted him to begin with. and yet; wintersbane cannot help but feel gutted all the same. pain flashes across his scarred visage. i’m taking you home, to sagtannet. wintersbane speaks, trying to make his deep rasp smooth and assuring. i’m not going to hurt you, thade; and i’m not taking you anywhere other than your home. wintersbane will repeat it as much as he needs to.

it’s ok. you’re ok. please calm down. wintersbane pleas softly with the boy. wylla and i’s inability to see eye to eye has nothing to do with you. i promise you: this is the way. i’m taking you to sagtannet. but the tundrian does not blame the boy for being cautious — though thade isn’t entirely forthcoming of what hell he’s endured during his time away from home does not mean that wintersbane cannot see the veins of damage in the nuances.

i was once like you, wintersbane admits. i was taken from my home, but unlike you, i never came across anyone to take me home. i never saw them again. i won't let that happen to you. ok, it wasn't explicitly true but since he disowned his sister mallaidh, he no longer considered her family and thus doesn't count those ( often aggressive ) encounters.
Messages In This Thread
faithful john - by Thade - September 03, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2020, 09:49 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 05, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 05, 2020, 04:00 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 08, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 09, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 22, 2020, 10:21 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 26, 2020, 03:51 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 30, 2020, 05:30 PM