Hideaway Strath come not between the dragon, and her wrath.
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Leigh could sense the approaching wolf before the white fluff even came into view. Ears shifting backwards to catch the sound of footprints, the woman kept her eyes ahead and body still. There seemed to be no reason to turn around, especially if the stranger didn't carry the scent of Sasha.

She hadn't visited Dove for medical care, and in fact wanted to take care of it herself. The she-wolf was sloppy and uneducated, chewing on any leaf that looked non-poisonous in hopes that it'd be one of those magical plants that helped heal wounds or reduce pain. All she got was a bad taste in her mouth.

But Leigh was a firm believer in taking care of one's self. She had never been concerned about scars healing over neatly or potential infection. As long as she wasn't leaving a trail of blood everywhere, all was good.

The other woman finally came into view, just out of the corner of the dragon's orange eyes. Sensing the awkwardness and tense air, she opted to speak first.

"I've seen you around before. I apologize that we never had the chance to have a proper introduction. Just my style to meet someone new after getting my ass beat."

Releasing a sigh, she was unsure how to continue. It was not a sigh of boredom or irritation, just one of thought and exhaustion.

"I suppose... I'm jealous. Kynareth gets to have a family after he stole away mine. His mate has the privilege of carrying a whole litter while I nearly killed myself just having one little ball of fur. Even then she was denied to me, because apparently a singleton had to socialize or else they'd be forever stunted and oh, the horror of having an anti-social pup."

Leigh didn't mean to vomit so much information in mere minutes. But it had been ages since she had the opportunity to rant to someone other than herself. Nyra was always busy, Kynareth would always interrupt, and no offense to Locke, but he'd always somehow add gods into the mix.

"Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had kept my mouth shut and it was I who he cared for. I'm not sure if I would have been happier than I am now, but at least the envy would cease to exist."

Shaking her head, she let out a pitiful laugh.

"I... I was told that I'm here for a reason. And I keep waiting and waiting but nothing good ever happens. Everything I try to change ends up the same way it originally was. I feel so useless and tired... I'm getting older, I'm not as shiny and pretty or strong as the others. I've become at peace with that, but man does being pretty make life a hell of a lot easier."

But it isn't what I look like, is it? No, Simmik has orange eyes too. There must be something wrong with my heart instead.
Messages In This Thread
come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 06, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 07, 2021, 05:43 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 08, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 09, 2021, 10:40 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 15, 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 18, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 22, 2021, 05:48 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 24, 2021, 05:25 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 27, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 27, 2021, 05:10 PM