Duskfire Glacier [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
for a moment, as her blurted out words process in his brain, wintersbane is visibly confused. eh? the tundrian king inquires only to realize a few beats later what she is talking about. kukutux. this woman must've been one of his prospects, then. it feels like so long ago that he'd sought her matchmaking skills — certainly the destruction of moonspear had only served to remind wintersbane why his time in husbandry was met with his misery.

after what happened with moonspear... my desires have changed. perhaps they were more fickle than he'd thought when he'd spoken to kukutux about it.

i've been widowed twice and in the events that destroyed moonspear and brought about the death of close friends i realize that maybe i wasn't as ready for marriage as i'd thought when i'd spoken to kukutux of such things. he'd been lost and nostalgic and yearning. he yearned now ...but not in a way that told him to title himself as husband once more.

all i ask is that i can be a father to my children. that they know me and i know them and that i can help to raise them. his time with quellcrist had always felt borrowed, like it was time that belonged to some other man despite that she was clearly his daughter.

i considered shedding the surname of my parents and adopting duskfire as mine own. it should belong to my children as well. he concludes decisively.
Messages In This Thread
[m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by Lane - April 24, 2021, 02:33 PM
RE: [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by Lane - April 25, 2021, 09:09 AM
RE: [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by Lane - May 06, 2021, 09:20 AM
RE: [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by RIP Wintersbane - May 07, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by Lane - May 08, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: [m] grace, this is fucking birmingham - by Lane - May 16, 2021, 12:23 PM