Ouroboros Spine The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Would be pretty hard to, kid. I ain't got one. He opened both eyes and lazily rolled to a sitting position, now staring at the wolf slinking away. Unless you mean this place? Zane laughed, gesturing with a paw. Shit. Sure, I've hunkered down here. But I think home is somethin everyone puts a little too much credit to. I ain't interested.

Zane wasn't invested in keeping this kid captive, but if Duchess wanted him around, he had to trust there was some kind of reason. No way he was getting into a fuckin fight over it - let someone else be the bully. The idea turned his fuckin stomach. Talking, though, was shit he could definitely do.

Like you. You don't stay here, where you gonna go? Back home? Kid, if they gave a shit about you, you wouldn't be here. If you're gonna put any stock in callin a place 'home', might was well make it a place where the wolves actually want to keep you. Otherwise what's the fuckin point?

See that, wise as shit! He knew nothing about this kid's past, or what the place he belonged to was like. But Zane had a hard time figuring he was wrong, mostly because he didn't think about it long enough to second guess it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang - by Zane - July 25, 2021, 03:05 PM