Swiftcurrent Creek Good men are not like buses. There won't be another one 'round in ten minutes.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
It felt almost like a test, and Aquene had always quite enjoyed tests. It felt nice to be able to utilize her knowledge. Apart from when she’d catch a cold, she hadn’t had much need for it since leaving home though she did make a habit of identifying plants as she traveled in order to stay up on her knowledge. The question came and she nodded in return. “Yes, correct again.” She offered, not sure if the woman was genuinely confirming or throwing questions at her to see if she knew the correct answer or not.

It was her next question that had her head tilting. “I could… if there are any stems remaining, I might even be able to identify them. Yarrow stems are very distinct, and have small white hairs on them even without their blossoms.” She added in, glad she could be of help. She was aimlessly wandering so she saw no plight in helping this woman out, though she seemed to be quite knowledgeable herself so she wasn’t entirely sure why the woman needed her advice.

There were so many questions that Aquene had, and going on this venture meant perhaps she’d get answers to a few of them, so she started with the most obvious one. “Why do you need my advice? You seem quite knowledgeable in florae yourself.” The question was burning on her tongue. “My name is Aquene.” She realized in that moment that she had never properly introduced herself and was sure her mother was scolding her from the heavens for it.