Swiftcurrent Creek Good men are not like buses. There won't be another one 'round in ten minutes.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Aquene smiled and nodded to the woman, because she had all the time in the world. Truthfully, she was not pressed for time because she created her own schedule. “I have the time, and I am more than willing to help.” She assured her in case there was any confusion as to what the nod meant. She noted the limp that the woman had and frowned. “If you don’t mind me asking, what happened that caused your limp?” Perhaps she could help and be of some medical assistance to help ease the pain that might be associated with it.

It occurred to Aquene, that perhaps the woman knew about herbs because of her ailment, but not enough to constitute a full healer. She took the mouthful of horsetail and held onto it as the woman introduced herself. Ruenna. It was a pretty name, and just married. She attempted to speak a muffled congratulations to her through the bundle she carried in her mouth. Redsand canyon. If the name was any indication of the climate, it was promising for yarrow and prairie crocus, but she would need to see if before she decided one way or another. It would be helpful if she could find one of the plants there.

She passed the horsetail stems back so she could properly answer. “Like I said, I am more than happy to help. I’ve been on my own for awhile and I don’t like to see my knowledge sitting… I quiz myself when I come across herbs in awhile but it’s good to put my knowledge to actual use.” She liked to help people. It made her feel good, and it was certainly how her mother had raised her. “It’s more than likely it does grow there, at least yarrow. Yarrow is poisonous when ingested which is why it can only be used for open wounds and deal with that kind of infection. Horsetail is better for infections of the lung or other winterborn ailments, though it can be used for open wounds in a pinch.” She explained the full difference from what her mother had taught her.