Redsand Canyon If you don't learn it young, it's hard to get the trick of it later.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Aquene watched as the tension faded out of the woman and she relaxed. Aquene was glad that she could relieve some of her worries when it came to her ability to reproduce. Heat affected many females differently, but there were patterns that could be followed based on social dynamics and it was something that Aquene’s mother had drilled into her the one breeding season that they had both been alive for. It had been a fascinating subject for her to learn about, even if in the end she had focused more on medical treatment than midwifery.

She nodded when the woman accepted her offer. “I will need the rest of the day, possibly the morning tomorrow as well to gather some more materials I haven’t kept stocked… but I can get it to you by lunch tomorrow.” Aquene was confident she’d be able to find the supplies. “There will be one part of the package that you’ll want to see me for daily until the conception takes place.” It was the best way that she could word the activities that both the Matrona and Imperator would have to do in order to bring a family to live.

Finally, Ruenna asked about her back and relief flooded over Aquene in that moment. “Yes, I’ve had a treatment plan drawn up for awhile now, but I was waiting for you to come see me for it.” She admitted, relieved that the Matrona was finally coming to her for some help. “The Akashingo wolf… Qiao, she came to me asking about my treatment plan for you… I told her what it was and might have alluded to you already starting it… she unnerves me a little, as if everything we discuss is some kind of test of my skills... she hadn't even introduced herself, simply barged in demanding to know how I was treating your pain.” It reminded her much of her first meeting with Ruenna, but in a different way… and she couldn’t quite place her feelings. “I have long term and short term treatments in mind to help manage the pain more… it’ll possibly help with your limp too.” She didn’t want to get her hopes up too much, but Aquene was confident in her own skills. “A few of the plants I won’t be able to get until after the thawing but there are things I can do now, especially for what you will be doing soon.”
Messages In This Thread