Redsand Canyon Before she gets there
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Truthfully, Aquene had never intended to speak of her trauma to anyone, but things had changed. Situations had changed, and she found herself growing closer to those around her in ways she had never intended. When she had arrived, she planned to be a healer, a distant medic and good listener than others could confide in, and somewhere along the way she had found those she could confide in… her eyes softened when the matriarch’s voice washed over her, a hint of pain in her eyes to know she’d had to go through something so awful.

Aquene gazed down at her paws for a moment. “It was my former fiancé… an arranged marriage by my father to his beta… to him I was property, a thing to carry his children for him.” She explained softly, not delving more into the pain she had experienced than that. She did fear his arrival, but she also knew that Mereo was strong, and all of them versus one Dimitri would be no chance at all for her demon to slay her. She hesitated for a moment when she spoke of speaking to the Imperator, and she nodded hesitantly. “I was planning to speak to you both about it…” She confirmed, showing she had intended to take Kallik’s advice to report it fully.

The question was a complicated one. She had only one unpleasant interaction in Mereo, and it was the spar of yesterday but even then she had a hard time even blaming Glaukos. The more she distanced herself from the situation, the more she recognized that she was not in danger of being harmed that way, no matter how shaken she had been in the present. “I don’t think I’ve ever felt safe anywhere. Not truly.” She admitted softly, and she trusted Ruenna understood what she meant.

“I love Mereo… I love the wolves I’ve met here. I love the work I get to do here, the things I’ve gotten to learn from my presence here, the training that has made me stronger.” She clarified. “I’ve made bonds here I can’t imagine leaving… but I don’t know that I can say I’m okay… more of my own issues than anything I’ve been through here.” She confirmed further. Was the woman looking to dismiss her? Send her away under the guise of her own safety? Aquene knew it unrealistic, but the anxiety lingered.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 10:05 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 10:14 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 12:46 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 01:43 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - March 03, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - March 07, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - March 10, 2022, 10:29 AM