Emberflame Ridge I let you eat me alive
Loner
115 Posts
Ooc —
Turmeric doesn't look back, but he knows the stranger is behind him. Charging him, pursuing him. He knows by the heavy sound of his assailant's breathing, the clatter of rocks beyond the ones he sends jostling down into the valley below. The man pursues even across the narrow ridges, and Turmeric thinks, he's insane!

And Turmeric grows only more fearful. With nimble paws, he scuttles down a steep descent and clambers forward once he reaches the bottom. Hoping that this move might shake the man. Knowing the beast will only follow him onward and onward until one of them has run out of breath -

His eye catches a shadow in the face of the rock, and he remembers when he and @Thyme used to explore through the tunnels way back when they had been kids. He was still a kid, but he felt much older. His wisdom (or lack thereof) didn't agree.

He decided in the hair of a second. The opening was small, but nothing he couldn't wedge himself into. Who knew how far deep the cavern led? If he got stuck, he was dead. If he kept going, he was dead. If the caverns had a pathway beyond, well then, maybe he was also dead.

Deciding he had a better chance of surviving by tunnelling through the mountainside, Turmeric made a sharp turn mid-dive down the rocky trail and shoved himself into the cave. He found himself in a larger space, and, once a safe distance inside, shuffled around so his back was against the cave wall, and he could try to glimpse his pursuer, who he was certain could not fit inside.

And if he couldn't get out, maybe they could reason where he could be sure he'd be safe... for a little while, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 13, 2022, 04:31 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 15, 2022, 12:00 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 15, 2022, 12:54 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 21, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 22, 2022, 04:34 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 23, 2022, 12:56 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 23, 2022, 01:52 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 26, 2022, 01:23 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 27, 2022, 05:50 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - March 02, 2022, 11:51 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - March 03, 2022, 11:39 AM