Redsand Canyon esteemed members of the ton
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She could tell that he was not wholly happy with how she was working right now. For once she could not find the right words. He insisted he would find one for her. She sighed, setting the fish aside for now as she rose which she was almost certain was the last thing that he wanted in that moment but she would not sit idly by as he worried himself to death of matters he should not be. She could hear the tension in his voice and it pained her, the way his jaw tightened and his nostrils flared to show how on the precipice of control he was. She moved, running her nose tenderly along his jawline and down to his neck.

“Kallik, listen to me.” She pleaded softly, bringing her caramel gaze up to his for a moment. “I promise you that everything is okay.” She did not know what more she could offer than her expert medical advice to assure him of that. “I am not my mother. I still work, yes, but only because it is safe for me to do so. My mother would work herself to the bone day in and day out, only resting for a few hours at a time and hardly eating anything in the process.” She needed him to understand. “I am not her. I have set those boundaries so I can make sure I am not doing anything that could bring me or our children harm. I work a little more now because in the coming weeks I will be too tired to do much of anything other than sleep and eat and check in on the Matrona and her children.” She nuzzled his neck softly. “Nothing is going to happen to me or to our children. Everything is going to be fine; I will not end up like my mother because I am not worked to the bone by cruel men like she had been, men who would not care what kind of strain it put on her despite other healer’s advisement. Please, trust me.” They were both new to this situation. “A friend of the Matrona’s was by towards the start of my pregnancy. He is a trained midwife and he offered advice that only makes me more certain that what I am doing right now will not bring any consequences about.” Hopefully hearing another medical professional’s guidance had assured her would help assure him. "It is going to take a lot more than sorting herbs and walking between here and the tablinum to be rid of me."
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 06, 2022, 07:20 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Kallik - April 06, 2022, 07:47 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 07, 2022, 03:49 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Kallik - April 07, 2022, 04:54 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 07, 2022, 05:05 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Kallik - April 07, 2022, 05:40 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 07, 2022, 06:00 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Kallik - April 07, 2022, 07:16 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 07, 2022, 10:35 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Kallik - April 08, 2022, 05:59 PM
RE: esteemed members of the ton - by Aquene - April 11, 2022, 10:20 AM