Shadewood After all this time.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She cupped her ears. His words fell on her like autumn whispers. Soft and gentle, but edged with that knowing of what would always come after.

Taktuq wondered of the upheaval Adlartok spoke of. Wondered what had led him to leave her relatives to forge his own way in this world. Valette had told her very little, except that Scarlett had died the same way as Nanook - and this had brought the girl comfort, to know that her aunt had understood her grief in ways no one but her siblings could. Had understood her grief, and had endured, until she found herself strong.

"I do claim you as family," Taktuq said with a smile and gentle certainty. "Uncle Adlartok, for if my grandmother raised you, this is what you are to me."

They were beautiful, the words he used to describe Scarlett. "Are those the wounds she healed you of?" she asked. She had noticed his limp, but had not seen the extent of his scarring until he turned his side to face her. Compassion lighted her eyes, and she imagined how her grandmother might have been when she had first seen Adlartok when these wounds had been fresh.

He could not have been much older than her.

"What did these things to you?"
Messages In This Thread
After all this time. - by Adlartok - June 05, 2022, 05:07 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Taktuq - June 06, 2022, 09:37 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Adlartok - June 06, 2022, 11:16 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Taktuq - June 07, 2022, 08:36 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Adlartok - June 07, 2022, 09:14 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Taktuq - June 07, 2022, 09:30 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Adlartok - June 07, 2022, 09:39 PM
RE: After all this time. - by Taktuq - June 17, 2022, 12:33 AM
RE: After all this time. - by Adlartok - June 17, 2022, 06:46 AM
RE: After all this time. - by Taktuq - July 01, 2022, 01:59 AM