Stone Circle What has caused chips to fall?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Limit Two 
After parting from Bonnie and giving @Tauris some time. Gunnar found @Taktuq and asked her to accompany him. Perhaps it would help ease Tauris some, because she clearly was angry and disrespectful to him right now. And it also would keep him in check. He usually wasn't angered easily, but there was always a time he may become so. He explained to Taktuq what had happened as they walked so she was on the same page as all of them.

Upon seeing Tauris he chuffed at her and spoke. Disappointment edging into his words and actions. he settled to his haunches and looked at her with steely grey eyes.

Tauris please come and talk with me. There is much to be said.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
[Image: the-lion-king-simba.gif]

She’d been pacing, carving a bitter trench into the grass, stopping only a few times to rabidly gnaw at a nonexistence itch along her forepaw. That she was forced to now share a home with a mouthy little thief was maddening. Worse was Faðir’s lack of trust in her. And even as she sought external places to shove her blame, that taunting voice in the back of her mind rose into a robust song: “you’re no Bjarna!”

Her eyes snap to a glint of movement and she stalls.

She’s never seen Gunnar angry before. So when he makes his way towards her with Taktuq by his side, she forgets her anger. Instinctively, she falls into a submissive crouch, feeling her tail shape to a tuck against her belly, ears flattening out to either side of her head.

She says nothing but slinks in line behind them.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Remorse. Or shame.

These are the first things that come to mind when Taktuq sees a Tauris, and she holds her breath back in an attempt to steel herself against the compulsion to soften and melt. Surely they didn’t have to go too hard on her?

No, she stilled her tongue and fell in step with Gunnar as he led them to a more private place. They could not have division within their family, and between every wolf they brought in. This was for the good of all — Taurus included — no matter how uncomfortable the confrontation made her.

Taktuq gave Gunnar a quiet nod, encouraging him to continue. For now, she would continue to be his support.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was not mistrusting of the girl in front of him. And he was not blind to her agitstion or her lack of confidence. However, the boy hadn't stolen recently. And you did strange things when you were hungry, alone and had no manners.

A very soft sigh left his chest. Feeling his age acutely as he saw the life of youth in front of him.

Her eyes snap to a glint of movement and
Then he spoke as he caught sight of Tauris. Tauris. I realize you feel the boy wronged you, but how you behaved yourself also shows a lack of respect for us, for our borders and for yourself. He stole a rabbit from you? And you still hold it against him? If i held everything against everyone that wronged me in some small way I would be a bitter bitter man. And how you spoke with me, well. I'm not angry Tauris. I am just very disappointed.

Gunnar stiffened his spine. I have allowed the boy entry and I will expect you to treat him with the respect he is due as a packmate, and you owe him an apology. But he also owes you an apology and a rabbit.

Despite that you were calling him what he had done before. You caused me to think that he was stealing from our borders and I could have hurt him for it. That is not okay. You protected our borders well, and we should be wary of those that cross our lands, but he was obviously starving and on the outs and you treated him as if he were a disease.

Gunnar closed his eyes. You are a good Nornir and good sweet girl, but sometimes as we all do we let our personal feelings get in the way. As leaders we unfortunately don't have this luxury.

He blinked. Did i make sense? Please speak freely no judgements or arguments this evening just a way to get on even footing.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
At the heels of Faðir and Móðir she swallows, her tongue suddenly feeling too big for her mouth as emotion threatens to leak in the form of dismay- apologize! To that ruinous waif!? Already the havoc he reaps! And wouldn’t he be so chuffed to know it? But sadness stills her tongue. She listens in silence. She hadn’t meant to disrespect Gunnar nor his authority- and yet she’s done just that, and hearing him say so is a worse pain than her loathe of the boy-thief.

For Gunnar, she wants to be controlled, to show him she is capable of being who he needs her to be. But she’s overwhelmed. In the flurry of emotions suddenly she is not a wolf of two, but a child of two months on the cusp of a tantrum.

“That boy took from me when I had nothing! He doesn’t deserve patience, and I’m not going to give him a second chance just because it’s polite to do so!” She yelps, imploring them to understand, it wasn’t about a mere rabbit! And there was another reason, too- the fear that he would be around during the onset of a season she’d rather just ignore altogether. But she doesn’t dare voice this aloud. Her heartbeat quickens and it's all she can hear in her ears.

But replaying what Gunnar's said in her mind, she quiets. After a long moment, she speaks again, though it's much more quiet.

“I understand. I’m… so sorry, Gunnar. I… guess I don’t know how to compartmentalize,” she admits, not daring to meet either of their eyes. Her head lowers shamefully.

She didn’t have Bjarna’s wisdom. Nor Gunnar’s patience. Nor Taktuq’s grace. He’d said she was a good Nornir, but it left her wondering what she even did bring to the table. She was never going to be the sounding board they needed.

“When you promoted me, we were small. We needed guidance. Now we have strong leadership- you, and Taktuq,” Something like a sigh puffs from her lips as she forces herself to raise her head and look between them in earnest. “Maybe I’m not cut out for this,” she confesses.

Because she'd been thinking it even long before the boy came to rip peace from Kvarsheim- that she was a fraud among their ranks, and sooner or later she'd be discovered.

with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
In their talking, Taktuq stayed her tongue.

While stern, Gunnar chose his words with tactful precision, and though the confrontation pained her, Taktuq knew that to let this slip on unaddressed would not only harm Kvarsheim, but Tauris herself. She had never known this side of their Nornir, the one that erupts like a child before them — and in seeing her unbridled emotion, her heart only sinks deeper.

Perhaps they had given her too much.

No. Taktuq’s stubbornness cuts in quick. No, Tauris still had much to learn in forgiveness, and restraint, but she was a loyal member — a loyal sister, and Nornir. She meant the best for their pack. And she and Gunnar meant the best for her.

It was, in part, a selfish thought. Tauris was the closest thing to a sister she’d ever had. Even if they were not bound by blood, she wanted her to stand here alongside her, as it had been with her mother and her aunt…

She gave Gunnar a long look.

Tauris, she spoke gently and took a small step towards her, we chose you as Nornir because we see your potential. We see your devotion. We value your heart. We speak now because we love you, this, she knew, was true, you have made a mistake but we give you a second chance, to learn and grow — as we all have had to do. As we all must do. And we ask you to extend this to Bonario, too. With the kindness we receive, we all must learn to give, and the bear wolves came to mind. The witch. Her heart grew troubled, what he did to you was wrong, but what if his heart is truly set to change? If we rub his past in his face, he might never get the chance to be more than what he was.

And Taktuq trusted Gunnar’s judgments. Perhaps the boy would need five, six, seven chances, but as long as he did not threaten the pack, Kvarsheim had many to give.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A frown on greying muzzle and his steel eyes glittered dangerously for a momwnt, but he kept himself in check. Taktuq was quick to soothe and offer more. Which gave him time to think slowly.

Did he know you had nothing? Perhaps he too had nothing. Judgements do not a good mind set make. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone.

He sighed. As long as you continue to give your best. I see no reason to remove you from rank. You've done well.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
There’s an ire, a disappointment in Gunnar’s gray eyes, but it is allayed by his patience. And in Taktuq’s voice, a grief that silts her heart to hear. She must try for them. She must do better.

“I will remedy my mistake at the border. I will speak with him and apologize,” she resolves quietly.

It will not be simple for her to cast aside pride. But for these two who had quickly become salient figures in her life, she must. To do what is right, even when it is difficult, to uphold their peace.

If she could show him an ounce of grace, he may be compelled to return it. As Taktuq and Gunnar have shown her.

"Thank you," she whispers, her eyes seeking them both before gently pushing her head into the narrow space between Móðir and Faðir.