Stone Circle Silence in all things
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Private 
Gunnar moved through the pack lands. The hitch in his hip worsening as each day moved. He'd have to find a healer soon enough. He was doing what he could for it, but clearly his limited knowledge was not enough. Perhaps he had simply dislocated it a bit. That could be he was old after all. A rueful smile took place on his graying face. How ironic it was, when you were younger you couldn't wait to be older and now that he was very close to the shadow of death. Well he wished he was younger.

His search today was for the silver sheened @Taktuq though honestly he could be wrong with colors. His eyes weren't what they once were either. But he had realized he needed to have some help in the pack lands. And she was the longest member despite himself and Sanja. But Sanja kept leaving and he needed someone to stay. Granted so had Taktuq, left and returned. So perhaps. he shook his head, refusing to second guess himself.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
As spring showed signs of coming summer, Taktuq felt a change in her, and she knew the time had come. This first morning she rested by the standing stones in dawn’s warming light. The gateway of the pilgrim stone stood before her.

She had taken Gunnar’s words to heart, and had left Kvarsheim to see if she might find any young suitor she might bring back to the packland and start a life with here. But the further she had travelled, the more convinced she grew that what she sought still lay within the walls of Stone Circle. To bless. To prosper. To provide.

So here she had returned.

And here the time had come.

Gunnar found her before she could seek him out. She reckoned he had not come because of her heat, she did not take him for that sort of man.

Gunnar, she greeted with a soft smile to welcome him into the circle, how are you this almost summer day? Aching aside, she teased lightly. She knew this was a given.

she is in heat btw, just to clarify!
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar wasn't a fool to the way of the world. And he'd been around enough women lately to know and understand. And he had grown up with women.

Her scent hit him like a truck and he froze unsure now. Though she greeting him with familiarity and he remebered his promise. And he'd honor it if she still wished. But she may have already found someone.

He chuckled. I'm alright lovely girl. Just aching, but its not as bad as some. I need to find someone to press my hip back into space.

I actually came in search of you. To elevate you to modir if you'd like it. No strings, of course. I.

He quit talking then unsire what he meant to say. He didn't want her to think he was included in that. He was an old man after all.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She noticed Gunnar’s momentary pause, and in truth, it gave her great comfort. The choice she made would be hers and this kept her at ease with him.

I wish I could help, but I am no healer, and I worry I would make your hip much worse, she said apologetically, but if you don’t mind the risk of two stilted hips, I can try, but she hoped he would refuse, only because she couldn’t imagine being known in Kvarsheim as the one who’d accidentally made Gunnar a paralytic.

So he had come looking for her — but not for any reason she had expected. She pulled back with a surprised blink. Modir? she repeated, sure she had misheard him, did you mean Nornir? The words were so close even she might mistake them — and yet there seemed a sense of reassurance in his promise of no-strings-attached that seemed fitting for nothing below the rank at his side.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar despised any wolf that took what wasn't theirs. It was how he had met Sanja. It was why he was so viciously scarred now.

Gunnar smiled and shook his head. It's alright. It will put itself right woth movement and when i get a momwnt I'll go to Riverclan.

He shook his head. No, Modir. As i said it would be in title. And were you to find someone before i step down i will do so sooner

He gave a soft sigh. I can no longer do this alone, Taktuq.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
It is good they are so close, Taktuq said at the mention of RiverClan, it may be good if they train one of ours in healing, she left the thought open. She knew many had joined in recent days, but she yet to make her rounds and learn their skills, trades, and greater desires within the pack itself. But perhaps Gunnar knew of one who might have the practice of medicine in mind.

He had meant what he said, and left his title open for a man of her choosing, should she find one to walk alongside her through good and bad, and sickness and health. For now, though, she had none. None but Kvarsheim. She considered what this might mean for her, considered that her travels only ledger back here. Perhaps for this very reason.

I will help you, Gunnar, she said with a soft smile, you have done much for this pack, for all in your life. It is time to rest, even as you lead us, and she paused, more in uncertainty of timing than in hesitation itself. Would the responsibility be too much? She would simply find out. My time has come upon me, and she quieted her voice, I have sought suitors beyond the Wilds, but none have suited. I have chosen you.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A soft sad smile. It is yes. Tauris is one of the new ones in our fold. She had agreed to travel there in summer to learn. Though I of course told her, if she doesn't find it suiting to return home. That we wouldn't be upset with her. Healing is not for everyone. Bjarna had been a wonderful soul to do healing, and yet his daughter was gone.

Gunnar didn't know of what Taktuq sought. Perhaps she simply didn't want a man or a woman beside her. Gunnar had been this way all his life. It got lonely sometimes, but he didn't regret it. He had those who filled the holes, who loved him just for him. Which in his opinion was better than some thing she could have had.

He listened and bowed his head. Thank you. It was nice to know that he was valued, that he had been good and done what he needed too. That he had cared for others, that he had led the pack to the best of his abilities.

A twitch of his ear forward and he nodded. Very well. You honor me greatly. That was all he said. The hows and whys and whens. That was for her to decide. He did know he'd be as kind and as gentle as possible, and hope he wasn't too old, because she desired children so much. A gentle smile for her he gave.

She shifted and he would follow.

will edit and tack on an ending
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Conception 
Tauris. Warmth kindled in Taktuq’s heart, and spilled out into a smile. Tauris is a good choice, though she had only met her once, the impression the earthen girl had left on her would cover any faults that surfaced later, her heart is thoughtful, and her actions kind. The flowers still lay amongst the stones. Though withered in the sunlight now, Taktuq would not move them.

You are deserving of more honour still, she said softly, smile remaining. She prayed these children would bring joy to her friend even in his final years. The blessing of ones he might finally know are his, to carry on his ways and his name when he himself would find rest beneath the stones.

She would not let her mind walk any further and think of this day yet. Her heart already stung at the ghost of the thought.

Come, Taktuq rose and stretched in the sunlight, let us go to a quiet place away from any eyes. In this, we will be private, but afterwards, they will know the children I bear Kvarsheim are yours.

An edit & fade to black works good for me!! :) I am a huge sucker for fade to blacks in these things LOL thank you again for the thread, I love Gunnar ^^
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
me too

He listened ears twitching. Finally, allo2ing hia body to relax into her scent. He would follow where she led. Hesrt chipping a little for uer. She was sweet his friend. He cared and it would make her happy and him. He loved children.

So with a nod he moved into the shadows of the trees gentle and kind as he always was. Hoping all would be well.

Soft murmurs and soft paws and all would be well.

-fade-