Ocean's Breath Plateau New Horizons
Moontide
Beta*
734 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph listened curiously to his description. It seemed an odd arrangement to her, but she supposed he was right that she had met neither wolf nor their people so she could hardly judge either. She could not imagine herself happy entangled in a situation that might leave her entwined with someone who brought her hardship, but one could hardly choose who to love at any rate and there were plenty of struggles to be had in any sort of relation no matter the circumstance. His description of pride though she would well relate to. Heph considered herself fairly well appraised of her own skill, any carelessness on her part was its own causa sui rather than welling up from pride, but she had seen it in a few wolves. "Well with pride either the wolf lives up to it or it gets knocked down enough to not be a hinderance." There was a breathy chuckle to her words, but no malice in them. After all, if he had survived this long and his hunting came recommended by Rodyn the pride was most likely at least mostly earned. But in the unlikely case that it was not then she would hopefully have a chance to run laps around him.

She returned the grin, smile spreading softer and less wolfish. It was difficult for her to say, but she wanted to be honest in turn and it was difficult for her to express what it meant to her to have two wolves willing to accept her among their ranks and as friends as well. "I never thought I'd find such good friends, I'm thankful to you both even if it's sometimes difficult for me to believe that it won't all disappear like waves on the shore." There was a hint of a laugh at the end, she knew that her views of change were at times unfounded. It was simply her experience that things did not last, but somehow that fear had not been enough to deter her from chasing after this possibility.
Messages In This Thread
New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 15, 2023, 04:01 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Heph - February 19, 2023, 04:47 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 19, 2023, 05:56 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Heph - February 23, 2023, 12:09 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 23, 2023, 04:59 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Heph - February 24, 2023, 01:40 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 25, 2023, 05:23 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Heph - February 26, 2023, 05:46 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 27, 2023, 08:06 AM
RE: New Horizons - by Heph - February 28, 2023, 12:05 PM
RE: New Horizons - by Rodyn - February 28, 2023, 05:51 PM