The memories keep coming back
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Indeed, there were the benefits to keeping busy. The borderlands were tended well, the pack's caches were not depleting, and on the whole, she could not find too much amiss here. The pack seemed to function well, even without her having to harass everyone into activity. They did what needed done, even if they were not always the most close-knit of groups -- their bonds were just as strong as they ought to be (in her opinion), even without hourly reinforcement. Wintertime may change this, when the pack became forced to hunt together more and should matters worsen enough, rest together for warmth. But it would take time to tell for sure how exactly winter would pan out here.

She then listened, understanding; certainly, she would much prefer to remain hidden away when healing so she knew where he was coming from in saying that he was alright with not seeing many in this current statue. Not that she was overly sociable anyway, but the presence of injuries or weakness only drove her further away from the eyes of others for her own well-being.

Good, she replied evenly, regarding his wounds once more with less concern and more.. curiosity. Rarely did she see the work of a cougar up close. She had avoided their claws in her own meeting with one weeks back and briefly imagined Ferdie's pristine coat marred by such workmanship. I was pleased to not smell you festering anywhere. We once had a small handful of aspiring medics, but only their stockpiles are left now with me picking up the slack using what I learned from them and from my homeland combined. And there, healing was limited to basically just keeping wounds clean. In the midst of the warring clans, the luxury of expansive medicine stocks were not always available. However, those days were behind and even without her presence among them, she hoped the mountain and its old forest doorstep were reveling in their hard-won peacetime. Which, I am glad you have not needed, she too smirked. She would make for a crude and questionably effective medic.

All the same, more hunters and capable wolves on patrol are welcome. I am usually at the borders myself, nowadays, where once she would tend more towards the central reaches of the mountain or even the uppermost elevations. Duty had demanded otherwise in light of all that had changed here in the recent weeks.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
The memories keep coming back - by Valerius - October 13, 2014, 04:21 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Amekaze - October 15, 2014, 01:22 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Valerius - October 15, 2014, 07:38 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Amekaze - October 16, 2014, 01:24 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Valerius - October 17, 2014, 05:40 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Amekaze - October 23, 2014, 09:12 PM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Valerius - October 27, 2014, 12:31 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Amekaze - October 28, 2014, 01:26 AM
RE: The memories keep coming back - by Valerius - October 29, 2014, 08:29 AM