Hoshor Plains of a chain reaction of countermoves
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
289 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The isbjørn's head tilted to the side in idle question. What did she question? Valiant certainly had his own about the efficacy of these spirit journeys — he would not be forgiving Vairë's totem for its insult anytime soon — but he was surprised to hear that a woman as spiritual as Ariadne seemed would think so.

"I know them all," he replied, choosing to leave more complicated thoughts aside, for the moment. "They aren't stories so much as love letters. My favorite — "

He thought for a moment, and then sang in a soft but resonating voice:

"These arms of mine
are made for lifting up,
and when I set things down again,
I hope they are better than they were.

"and these eyes of mine
Like what they see when they're lookin' at you
and if ever I can't see you anymore,
I hope you're more beautiful than before

"Oh my lover, will you take me?
Will you take me now?
As I am, love, as I am
As I came to be

"The winds are blowing, the sky is clear
Let go of fear, and what's happened to you
Don't worry, your heart's a river, running silver
Never repeating

"There is grace and there is motion
In the ocean, churning, yearning and free
There's a fire that eats up longing, destroying wrong
And it burns inside —

"This voice of mine
is made for singing true
If ever I can't sing anymore
I hope you'll be humming this tune

"Oh my lover, will you take me?
Will you take me now?
As I am, love, as I am
As I came to be."

This song was meandering and melodic — a joyful hymn that Valiant had always found peace in. Easy would hum endlessly through the last stanza until all fell asleep, and so it was the soundtrack to scenes of safety and togetherness that his life otherwise lacked.

"Easy — that's her name — she ain't got much of a voice. Or maybe she's got too much of it, real low and husky. But bless her, she sings with her heart, that woman."

His smile widened for a moment before his attention returned to Ariadne.

"Do you think you'll do things different with your kids?" he wondered, prepared to accept it if she rebuffed this question.
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 07, 2024, 07:12 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 08, 2024, 03:22 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 08, 2024, 06:37 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 08, 2024, 06:47 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 09, 2024, 10:49 AM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 11:13 AM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 09, 2024, 11:25 AM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 11:53 AM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 09, 2024, 12:15 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 12:30 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 09, 2024, 04:44 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 05:47 PM
RE: of a chain reaction of countermoves - by Ariadne - January 09, 2024, 05:56 PM